Yesterday I bought Xperia Z1 from a friend and didn’t check it at the time of buying. As soon as I came home and plugged in the charger, a demo video came up and started running, at first I thought this will stop after first run, but the video kept on running repeatedly and this was quite annoying, furthermore the video also kept running as soon as I pressed the lock key without having the charger plugged in, along with the video, it also turned on NFC and Bluetooth on phone again and again that kept eating the battery… this was annoying + much strange as well.
The demo video is basically the phone’s demo, that tells you about the features of that specific device and what’s new in that. It is activated by default or using some code or whatever, perhaps disabling it might give you a tough time. After googling for about 2 hours, I finally found the solution and got it working, so decided to share it with you guys in order to save your time.So here is the method.
- First you need to make sure that there are no charging enabled apps. Check it in Sony Live Ware manager or in Sony Smart Connect. If there is nothing enabled then the code will work for you.
- If you are facing the demo video issue upon locking your device and having unplugged the charger, then simply open the Dialler on your phone and type the following code:
- In case the issue comes up when the charger is plugged in, then don’t unplug the charger and open the Dialler and enter the above code having the charger unplugged.
- As soon as you enter the code, the video will vanish! Phewww you’ve fixed it up.
- If you type the same code again after disabling it, the video will get enabled again and disabled when you type it once again.
I hope that the short tutorial has saved your time and helped you to get rid of this annoying demo video. In case you still can’t fix it, let us know through the comment box below. We will try our best to sort it out for you.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017