Samsung’s new security solution Samsung Knox is an awesome thing only if seen from the point of view of it’s convenience but a real pain in vein if seen from a point of view of freedom. Samsung implemented Knox in Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and first time sent it along with the Galaxy Note 3, and later on the devices that received Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update, those devices faced the Knox security solution as well.
Basically Samsung Knox allows the users to create a new profile within the phone, just like we create different users on Windows. This profile is highly secure and private, and can be accessed by applying the password that you set. Knox has a separate store as well that allows the users to install Knox compatible apps. Moreover, Knox keeps a check on the phone and makes the security of the device as strict as possible. This results in blocking root apps and other unverified apps. Samsung has implemented Knox warranty void on the bootloaders of the devices that got Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
Earlier, it was possible for the developers to find a way to reset the warranty of the phone and erase the binary count from the bootloader, this allowed the people to unleash the true power of their Galaxy devices and mod em’ to the maximum possible extent as they were always able to gain the warranty back after voiding it by pushing in custom roms or simply by rooting the device. As Samsung Knox made it’s way, it closed all the doors for the developers and then the users as well. Once void and tripped Knox counter it can never be reset and will result in voiding the warranty of your device.
Not only that, there is another big issue. Knox does not let root apps to breathe in your device and keeps on giving errors like force close or app not verified etc. What’s sure is there is no solution to Knox warranty void that appears on the device’s bootloader, but there is a solution for Knox’s root apps permissions. So if you are looking to root your device, you will also have to freeze / disable Samsung Knox apps in order to get the root apps working, otherwise simply rooting will be useless. So in the following post we are going to have a look on a method that will help you to disable and freeze all Samsung Knox apps and components and make your phone’s life easy with having the root access. Thanks to our friend Dr Ketan for making this great tool and providing us a way to get rid of Samsung Knox.
How to disable Samsung Knox:
You’ll need a TWRP or CWM Recovery installed on your device as this process involves running a tool from recovery. So in order to install a TWRP recovery, follow our guides:
- Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM N900/9005/900T/900P/900W8
- Install Latest TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [All Variants]
- Install Latest TWRP Recovery 126.96.36.199 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 & All Variants
- Install Latest TWRP Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505 and All Variants
Once installed TWRP Proceed here:
- Now download Dr Ketan’s Multitool Mod v6 and copy it to the internal or external storage of your device.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery. To do so, turn off your device completely first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the TWRP interface now.
- Tap Install > Select the Dr Ketan Multitool v6.zip file from the place where you placed it > Swipe to confirm flash.
- Multi Tool will start now.
- Now MultiTool will start showing you the things it can do for you.
- In Root > Select Do Not Change > Next.
- Here’s the thing we want actually. You’re in Deknox now.
- In Deknox press > Deknox Device > Next.
- Recovery > Do Not Change > Next.
- Backup Utility > Skip Backup Utility > Next.
- Restore Utility > Skip Restore Utility > Next.
- Odex Remover > Skip > Next.
- Bloatware Remove > Skip > Next.
- CSC Features > Skip > Next.
- Build Prop Features > Skip > Next.
- LockScreen > Do Not Change > Next.
- System Push > Do Not Change > Next.
- GPS Fix > Do Not Change Next.
- Read to Install / Flash > Run Now.
- Multitool Mod will run and Deknox your device in a few seconds > Reboot your device > Finish!
Phewwww! That’s All! Knox apps have vanished from your device, you can root your device and enjoy knox free phone with freedom.
In case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017