European variant of the HTC 10 is loaded up with lots of bloatware apps by the supported carriers. In case you want to get rid of the bloatware and use your European HTC 10 just like an international HTC 10, you will have to debrand it. Debranding your HTC 10 means removing all the traces of the carrier and converting it to a WWE (World Wide English) HTC 10. Once you have converted your HTC 10 to WWE, it will be no longer bound to any carrier and you will be free to remove all those annoying apps which have taken a major chunk of your phone’s internal storage.
A method to debrand the HTC 10 has already been discovered. The method was put up by XDA senior member 5m4r7ph0n36uru on the forum. We’ve got our hands on the method and explained it as much as possible to make it easy for all the European HTC 10 owners. In case you’re here to debrand your HTC 10 then lets get to the work now and convert it to a WWE HTC 10.
Caution: The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, rooting and unlocking the bootloader of your device are highly custom and are not recommended by the manufacturers. Just in case something goes wrong, TechBeasts or the device manufacturers may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk.
How to Debrand HTC 10 and Convert it to WWE
- Install and setup Minimal Android ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging mode on your HTC 10.
- You must unlock the bootloader of your HTC 10. Also, flash a TWRP recovery and create a Nandroid backup as stated in the guide linked next, root your HTC 10 and achieve S-Off. Here’s a complete guide on how to do it.
- Now making sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup and also achieved S-Off, proceed to the next step.
- Download the attached Nandroid.zip file and copy it to the following folder in your HTC 10 external SD card: TWRP/Backup/SerialNo/BackupName (current version: 1.30.401.1).
- Also download the attached firmware.zip file and copy it to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in your installation drive.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery. To do so, turn off your phone completely. Now turn it on by press and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Key. Once the phone boots up in bootloader, select recovery and it should take you into TWRP.
- In TWRP, tap Restore > Choose the Nandroid backup that you just downloaded and copied above.
- Once the restore has finished, go back to the main menu in TWRP and tap Wipe > Format Data.
- Now we have to convert the firmware to WWE to do so, follow the next few steps.
- Open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe from your desktop shortcuts or by going into C: > Program Files > Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Connect your HTC 10 to your computer now using the OEM data cable.
- In the command window, issue the following commands one by one.
- adb reboot download
It will reboot the phone in download mode. Now issue the next command.
- fastboot getvar all
This command will show you the information about your device. You have to note down the original CID and MID of your device.
- fastboot getvar all
- Now we have to change the CID and MID of the device, to do so enter the following commands one by one
- fastboot oem writecid HTC_001
- fastboot oem writemid 2PS620000
- fastboot flash zip firmwarefile.zip
- Now in case you want to flash TWRP recovery and root your device, you can simply go back to the guide linked above and follow it to the recovery flashing and rooting point only.
Thats’ all. Your HTC 10 is a WWE HTC 10 now.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to get WhatsApp Video Call feature right now - October 26, 2016
- Top 5 Android Lockscreen Apps 2016-2017 - October 26, 2016
- Download Smile Inc for PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac) - October 24, 2016