TWRP is undoubtedly the best custom recovery ever developed. It is also the only custom recovery available for most of the Android smartphones today. We had CWM recovery to perform custom operations on Android devices earlier, but because of no active development, we had to say it goodbye. Since then, TWRP recovery has been uplifting all the Android custom development. It doesn’t matter whether you want to flash custom MODs, custom ROMs, other zip files or you want to wipe a certain partition, cache, dalvik cache from your phone, TWRP is your friend in all the cases.
TWRP recovery is also used to flash SuperSU.zip file, which is the method in most of the cases to root a smartphone. Other important use of TWRP recovery involves flashing gapps over custom ROMs and in some cases over stock ROMs to bring in all Google goodies. It is also useful at times when you have soft bricked your smartphone and you need to recover your data before you wipe it off. If we just start discussing all the uses of a custom recovery like TWRP, it can take a few hours to get done with this.
TWRP recovery comes in different languages now. If you own a smartphone belonging to the Chinese region and you get your hands on its compatible TWRP recovery, you will discover that the recovery is in Chinese language. Using TWRP recovery in Chinese or any other language like Russian, Dutch, Czech or any other. If your native language or your secondary language is English, you would want to set that as your main TWRP recovery language. Doing this is actually more than easy, the options resides within TWRP recovery.
Assuming that you have understood what we are here for, let’s have a look on a method to change TWRP recovery language to English.
Change TWRP recovery language to English
- Make sure that you have installed a TWRP recovery on your Android phone.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery. Methods to boot into TWRP are different for different phones. If you own a Samsung phone, you can turn it off and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. If you own any other smartphone, you can power it off and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power or the Volume Up + Power key.
- Once you are in TWRP recovery mode, you will find 8 different buttons the on the screen.
- Tap the 6th button, or the 2nd button in the third row.
- This button will open a new screen, in this new screen, tap the small icon on the top-right, or the last icon in the row appearing at the top.
- This will now open languages you can choose from. Select English from this list and tap the big button the bottom left. You’ve changed TWRP recovery language to English.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017