Rooting is the ultimate and the final step towards the beginning of the customization of the Android devices. However, rooting also have its own prerequisite, procedures and without completing them, you can’t do anything. This procedure might take time to be completed, but in the end you’ll get the root access along with almost everything you need to flash custom mods and tweaks on your device. After the great success of Huawei Nexus 6P and Mate8, Huawei has offered another budget segment for all the Android lovers, who wants performance and looks but still can’t afford a high-end device, with 2GB of RAM 16GB of internal storage can be extended up-to 128GB via MicroSD, Octa Core Snapdragon processor, 13MP of rear camera and a 3000 mAh battery, this device can show some serious performance.
Although, Stock ROMs are not that good when it comes to performance, however, to unleash the beast for real, one has to make sure that the device must be used to its maximum potential and thanks to restrictions on Stock ROMs, one can live life peacefully but without any fun at all. The following process is of 3 steps, Unlocking Bootloader, flashing the TWRP recovery and Flashing the SuperSU.Let’s go through the early preparations and the begin flashing the TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 5X KIW-L24 to Root it.
- This ROM is intended for Huawei Honor 5X KIW-L24. Do not try flashing this ROM on any other device otherwise you will result in bricking it. Check your device’s model number under settings > about device.
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Backup everything including your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommended so that you can revert back to your previous system in case of a mishap.
- Follow the instructions to the letter.
How To Unlock Bootloader:
- Visit the Link to Make an Huawei ID
- Visit the Link and Log-in there and fill the needed details.
- Open your phone and in Dial-up type * # * # 1357946 # * # * and get the Product identification code.
- Connect your device with PC and open command prompt in fastboot folder.
- Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Once in bootloader type: fastboot oem unlock ************** (put the unlock code instead of *)
- This will wipe your data, so make sure you created the back-up before proceeding.
- Boot up your phone and let it start.
How To Flash TWRP Recovery:
- Download and Copy the TWRP recovery image to the fastboot folder and rename it to recovery
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
How To Root Huawei Honor 5X KIW-L24:
- First of all, make sure that you’ve installed latest TWRP recovery from the link we attached above.
- Make sure that you’ve created a Nandroid backup as well.
- Download latest SuperSU.zip file and copy it to the root of your sd card.
- Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery.
- Now once again, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Tap / select Install Zip >Supersu.zip file and swap the slider to start Installation.
- Once done, Go back to the Main Screen.
- Reboot device into system now.
- That’s all. You are done.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016