Updating to this latest Android version will wipe off root access from your device, or if you haven’t rooted yet, you may want to root it after updating to Android Lollipop. In the following post we are going to show you how you can install TWRP recovery and root your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900 (WiFi), SM-901 (3G), SM-P905 (LTE) running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Let’s go ahead without any further ado now.
- This guide is only for the devices mentioned above. Do not try this on any other device.
- Your device must be running Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher.
- Backup important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content as a safety measure.
- Charge your Galaxy Note Pro up to 50% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
- While using Odin, turn off Samsung Kies, Firewall and any Antivirus software if you’ve enabled.
- Follow this guide to the letter.
How To Root Android Lollipop & Install TWRP On Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers
- Download and extract Odin.
- Download TWRP recovery.img.tar file according to your device
- Download SuperSu.zip file and copy it to your phone.
How To Install TWRP & Root Now:
Step#1: Open Odin.exe from the folder you extracted.
Step#2: Click on “PDA” / “AP” tab and select the downloaded TWRP Recovery.img.tar file.
Step#3: Do not touch any other option in Odin. The only options ticked should be F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot. Leave all other options as it is.
Step#4: Now put your Galaxy Note Pro in download mode and connect it to your PC. To put it in download mode, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by press and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key. It will boot up with a warning. Press Volume Up to continue. You should be in download mode now. If this combination doesn’t work, here’s How to Boot Samsung Galaxy Devices into Download & Recovery Mode
Step#6: As your device has been connected, click the “Start” button now.
Step#7: Odin will now flash TWRP. Once done, it will reboot your device.
Step#8: Disconnect your device from your PC and turn it off completely.
Step#9: Now we are going to boot it into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. If this method doesn’t work, try one from the guide linked above.
Step#10: As your device boots up in to recovery mode, tap “Install > locate the copied SuperSu.zip > select it and swipe finger to flash it.”.
Step#11: Let it flash SuperSu.zip, once done, reboot your device. Check SuperSu in app drawer now.
Step#12: Verify root access using Root Checker application.
That’s all. Your device should be rooted running Android Lollipop.
Got any problems? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016