Now this can be done by Jailbreaking your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Jailbreaking allows you to load plethora of applications, and tweak your Apple device at its fullest. Basically, the idea behind Jailbreaking your iOS device is to breach all the limits set by Apple and unleash iOS’s true power. This can be done by installing Cydia and then loading applications / mods from Cydia store.It took quite a while for the developers to come up with the Jailbreak for iOS 7, but I guess that was the only time when there was a delay. The Jailbreak for iOS 8 has reached pretty much fast, and the same team Pangu, the guys behind iOS 7’s Jailbreak have done it again.
Panguteam happens to be a group of Chinese hackers, the tool that they have been releasing so far was having a Chinese interface, and the options were limited. Just today, Pangu team has released a new version of their tool, the new version v1.1.0 [Pangu8] has come up with English interface, Cydia support, and a lot of bug fixes have been made over the previous Pangu versions. Before we learn how to Jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 8 or iOS 8.1 using Pangu and install Cydia, let’s have a look on the list of compatible devices.
- iPhone 6 Plus – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPhone 6 – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPhone 5S – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPhone 5C – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPhone 5 – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPad Air 2 – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPad Air – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPad 4 – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPad 3 – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPad 2 – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPad Mini 3 – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPad Mini 2 – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPad Mini – iOS 8 / 8.1
- iPod Touch 5G – iOS 8 / 8.1
Pangu8 1.1.0 Changelog
1. Bundle latest Cydia for iOS8.
2. Optimize jailbreak process.
3. Fix an issue that may cause MobileSafari to crash on 64bit devices.
4. Fix an issue that causes iMessage/SMS to fail to send images.
5. Respring is not required anymore to make Substrate working.
6. Pangu APP now with some useful functions.
7. Add English support
How to Jailbreak iOS 8, 8.1 using Pangu8 1.1.0 and install Cydia [iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch]
- First of all, make sure that you backup all your important data/content using iCloud or iTunes. This is highly recommended so that in case something goes wrong, you still have your data with you and you’re able to restore it.
- A clean device is always recommended for fast and successful Jailbreaking. You can backup all of your important content using iTunes, and restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with a neat and clean copy of the OS in order to use Pangu 1.1.0. Having less burden on the device will make it much easier for Pangu 1.1.0 to work and take less time.
- Disable firewall or any Antivirus if you have enabled on your PC.
- Download Pangu 1.1.0 for windows PC and install it now. Just in case you’re using MAC, you may install Pangu on your MAC by installing Windows through a VMware.
- Enable Airplane mode on your iOS 8/8.1 device from settings.
- Remove any screenlock / fingerprint scanner if you’ve enabled on your device.
- Turn off iCloud and Find My iPhone from settings.
- Now connect your iOS 8/8.1 device to your PC using the original data cable.
- Now locate Pangu8 in programs and run it as administrator.
- Pangu will take a while to detect your device, once the device has been detected, click on “Start Jailbreak” button.
- Read the notice carefully and click on “Already did” in the next step.
- Wait for the Jailbreak process to complete, once it has ended, your Apple device will reboot.
- Once it has rebooted, remove it from your PC and see the Cydia icon on your device’s app drawer.
- Set it up and enjoy! That’s All.
Just in case you’re stuck with anything, make sure that you use the comment box below. We will get back to you immediately. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017