Galaxy Win, also known as Galaxy Grand Quattro happens to be Samsung’s one of the successful low-end Android devices. On the front it sports a 4.7 inch display having a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and 199 ppi. Under the hood there’s a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Quad Core CPU clocked at 1.2 GHz accompanied by Adreno 203 GPU, a RAM of 1 GB can be found inside as well. At the back there’s a 5 MP shooter while a secondary VGA shooter is there on the front as well. Galaxy Win has a massive 2000 mAh battery to have a life. Out of the box, the device can be found running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
That was a little recap of the device. If you are a Galaxy Win owner, you may want to add some charm to your device by going a little out of the ways and unleashing the real power of Android, that is customization. To pave a way for customization on your phone, you will need a custom recovery that will let you load zip files, create nandroid backup, perform factory reset without loosing data, wipe cache, dalvik cache and many more functions. Along side a custom recovery, having your device rooted helps a lot as rooting can let you load plethora of root applications to tweak your device at its fullest. Wondering how you can do both of these? Well, that’s what we are here for.
As you move forward, you should come across a comprehensive guide that will teach you to flash Philz Advanced CWM Touch Recovery based on CWM 126.96.36.199 on your Galaxy Win Duos I8552, and also how to root your beloved device. Let’s go through the early preparations and then head towards the installation guide.
1. This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Win Duos I8552
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%
Your device’s battery shouldn’t be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Enable USB Debugging Mode
USB debugging mode should enabled on your device in order to avoid any connection issues. To enable USB debugging mode, go to settings > developer options > check “Allow/Enable USB Debugging”. In case you can’t find the developer options in settings, you will have to activate the options by going into settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times and you should get the developer options under settings, and then you can enable USB debugging mode.
4. Use the OEM datacable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
5. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
6. Turn off Samsung Kies and other softwares while using Odin3!
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired recovery or root file. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers.
- Download the CWM Recovery For Your Device
How To Install Philz Advanced Touch CWM On Galaxy Win Duos I8552
- Download CWM Recovery.tar.md5 file.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Win Duos in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the recovery.tar.md5 or recovery.tar, that you downloaded above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the recovery flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- You can now boot into recovery mode by turning off your device, and then turning it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key.
- That’s all!
Root The Galaxy Win Duos Now
- Download the Root Package.zip file [ UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip ]
- Copy the downloaded Root Package.zip file to your Galaxy Win Duos’s SD card.
- Boot into recovery mode on your Galaxy Win Duos, use step 11 in the recovery installation guide.
- Now Select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Root Package.zip > Yes / Confirm”.
- This will flash the Root Package and quickly gain the root access on your Galaxy Win Duos.
- Reboot your device.
- Find SuperSu in the App Drawer.
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Galaxy Win Duos.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
That’s all. We hope that you found this guide helpful. If you’re stuck with anything or got any queries, make sure that you use the comment box below and reach us. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017