Samsung Galaxy S7’s Android 7.0 Nougat test firmware has slipped out. The official firmware, which was supposed to be in beta testing has come out of Samsung’s box and is now available over the internet to download and install. The firmware brings all those new changes that you heard of when Google released the new Android 7.0 Nougat. Now that this beta firmware is out, we are certain that Samsung will be rolling out the full firmware in a few days. For the time being, you can flash this beta Android 7.0 firmware on your Galaxy S7 and enjoy the Nougat goodies.
As far as the changes are concerned, the new firmware has new icons in the settings application. The notification bar has been completely overhauled. You won’t find the background behind the icons in the notification panel anymore. There are a few more UI changes that you may note as you flash it. The battery life of the device has been enhanced and Samsung has given a boost to the over all performance. Although this firmware is in beta stage, but users have found it to be working perfectly great. The beta firmware was supposed to roll out for users in the UK only, but now that the files are out, you can flash them on your own using Odin and get it right away.
To help you further, we have put up this tutorial here and it’s going to help you on how to install beta Android 7.0 Nougat XXU1ZPK4 on Galaxy S7 SM-G930F, SM-G930FD, SM-G930S, SM-G930K and SM-G930L. Let’s go through some early installation instructions and then start installing the all new Android Nougat on your Galaxy S7.
Firmware Details and Download
Galaxy S7 G930F/G930FD
- Version: Android 7.0
- PDA: G930FXXU1ZPK4
- MODEM: G930FXXU1ZPK4
- Download: G930FXXU1ZPK4_G930FOXA1ZPK4.zip
Galaxy S7 G930S/G930K/G930L
- Version: Android 7.0
- PDA: G930KKKU1ZPK4
- MODEM: G930KKKU1ZPK4
- Download: G930KKKU1ZPK4_G930FOXA1ZPK4.zip
- Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
- Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well.
- Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
- Backup everything!
- Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firwmrae. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.12.3
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the .tar.md5 file.
How to install Beta Android 7.0 Nougat XXU1ZPK4 on Galaxy S7
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy S7 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
- Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017