Samsung has started a trend of pulling out the minimized versions of it’s flagship devices, following the trend, Samsung introduced the mini version of it’s popular and most recent flagship the Samsung Galaxy S4. Samsung Galaxy S4 mini hit the shelves occupying a 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Dual Core Krait CPU clocked at 1.7 GHz, 2GB RAM and 8GB internal memory with an Sdcard slot. It sports an 8 MP camera at the back, while 1.9 MP on the front. Out of the box, the device runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
I hope that recap was enough in case you forgot. Getting back to the topic, Some of you might be looking to enjoy the locked features on your device or unable to install the apps which require root access or you may be looking to modify your device by flashing some mods or custom roms. While this isn’t possible without having root access, to fulfill your need we’ll learn today how we can gain root access on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 (LTE) and GT-I9190(3G).
Before we begin, i would like to take some precautions. Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini will void it’s warranty,. Make sure that you do it at your own risk.
While rooting your phone, please keep it in mind that the Root Process isn’t official and has nothing to deal with Google Inc and the device manufacturer, which is Samsung in our case. Follow the guide carefully to prevent any damages to the device as the method is completely custom.
Check your device’s model form Settings>About Device>Model and select and download files for your device carefully from the attached links below.
Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
Files you need to download:
Download files for Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190:
Download files for Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195:
How to Install CWM Recovery:
- Extract the downloaded CWM recovery file for your device once.
- Open Odin
- Put your phone in download mode, in order to do so turn off your device by pulling out the battery or by long pressing the power button and wait for 30 seconds. Turn it on by press Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously and wait until it shows you a warning. Press Volume Up to continue, now your phone should be in download mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer using the genuine data cable, as soon as your phone is detected the ID:COM should turn blue or yellow in your Odin screen depending upon your Odin version.
- Select the PDA tab and give it the extracted CWM file.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown below.
- Hit start, the process should be fast, as soon as it ends you should see a PASS indicator in the Odin screen and your device should restart.
- Congrats! You’ve the ClockworkMod recovery install now. To boot into recovery, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously and it should boot into the custom recovery now.
How to Root your Galaxy S4 Mini:
- Place the downloaded root file for your device and place it on your device’s SdCard.
- Boot your phone into the recovery mode. In order to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously and it should boot into the custom recovery now.
- Select Install zip from SdCard > Choose Zip and select the file you placed on your SdCard.
- Select yes in next step and it should flash the rootkit file.
- As soon as it gets done flashing the rootkit, reboot your device.
- Congrats! You’ve rooted your device + you’ve already installed the CWM recovery!
Now wondering what to do with your rooted phone?
Here’s the answer for you!
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms.
How to keep Root after OTA Updates
The OTA updates rolled out by the manufacturers wipe the root access on your phone. In case you don’t know how you can restore the root access after OTA update, you’ll have to root your phone once again, but there is no need to do it as you can restore it using the OTA Rootkeeper App which is available in the Google Play Store. The app creates backup of your root and simply restores it after any OTA update.
Credits: If the guide helped you, please donate to the original developer HERE.
That’s All! In case you face any issues, or need any assistance feel free to leave us a comment, we will try our best to sort it out. Thank You All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017