The Galaxy Plus falls in the legacy devices now and Samsung may have forgotten it, but the great developer community is still active and we are seeing a lot of cool stuff coming up every day for this device. Even the Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 custom ROM has landed in for the Galaxy S Plus, and there’s a hefty list of other custom ROMs, MODs and tweaks available for this device. To begin with the modification of your device, the very first thing you would require is a latest working custom recovery. While going through the XDA developers forum, I came across a thread by DevConnection_Team, the guys are pretty much active with the custom ROMs and recoveries for the Galaxy S Plus and their latest work is the TWRP 2.8 and CWM 188.8.131.52 recover for our beloved Galaxy S Plus.
While you move ahead, you will come across a comprehensive guide that will explain you the procedure to install this TWRP 184.108.40.206 or CWM 220.127.116.11 custom recovery on your Galaxy S Plus I9001. You only need to follow the instructions being very careful. Let’s go through the early preps and then head towards the installation guide.
- This guide is only for the Galaxy S Plus I9001. Do not try this on any other device, flashing these files on another device will result in bricking it. To verify your device’s model number, go to settings > about device > model number.
- Your battery should be charged over 60% at the least. Having a low battery might result in turning the device off while the flashing process, this too will result in soft-bricking your device.
- Make sure that you’ve already backed up all of your important data. This is highly recommended so that just in case something goes wrong, you still have your data safe and secure. You can use the following guides to backup your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. The Galaxy Note 4 comes with Knox, so rooting will also trip the Knox counter and you won’t be eligible to claim the warranty anyway. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install CWM/TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
- Copy your desired recovery to your Galaxy S Plus’s internal or external SD card.
- Boot your device into the recovery mode. To do so, turn off your device completely. Now turn it on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. As soon as your device is turned on, leave the keys. You should be able to see the recovery mode in a bit. In case this method doesn’t work, try a method from our guide here. [the stock recovery will work for flashing this recovery as well].
- Once in the recovery mode, select “apply update form external SD[if you’re using stock recovery]” or select “Install zip > choose zip [if you’re using a custom recovery]”.
- Select the downloaded and copied TWRP 2.8 or CWM 18.104.22.168 recovery.zip file and flash it.
- Once flashed wipe cache and reboot your device.
- That’s all. You’ve successfully installed the custom recovery on your Galaxy S Plus I9001. To boot into the custom recovery mode, use the method explained in step 2.
That’s all. In case you’re stuck with anything regarding this guide, make sure that you reach us using the comment box below. We will get back to you immediately.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017