If you happen to be one of the many Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note 3, or even the Galaxy S4 users, then you might have already upgraded to the latest and sweetest version of Android, Lollipop. Samsung recently unveiled Lollipop for a bunch of the TouchWiz devices, including the Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 3, and the much popular Galaxy S4. The Samsung Galaxy S5 has also received the new update. However, the ability of switching to total silent mode on either of these three devices is not available just by cranking the volume keys to the lowest.
Previously, if you cranked down the volume to minimum, it would first switch to the vibrate mode, and eventually to the silent mode. But, in Lollipop, there is only the vibrate mode available, which doesn’t mute all of the system notifications. However, with a simple procedure, you can do so with the Galaxy Note 4, Note 3, or even the S4. This guide right here requires no special permissions, not even root. It just requires you to be running Stock TouchWiz Lollipop on either three of these devices. Follow these simple steps in order to do so!
How To Obtain Silent Mode In Galaxy Note 4, Note 3, And Galaxy S4
- On your Home Screen, pull down your Notification Bar with a two-finger Swipe feature to head into the Quick-Settings Toggles.
- Now, you’ll see the Sound toggle enabled, and in the bottom of the list, you’ll find a ‘Star‘ icon, which resembles Priority Interruptions, in short, no-silent mode.
- All you need to do is tap on the star icon to cycle through the two options. Once you tap it once, you will find that the star icon changes to a dash, which resembled No Interruptions. You will also find that the Sound toggle is now grey.
- This will simply change your Note 4, Note 3, or your S4’s sound settings to all-silent.
- In order to revert, you can simply toggle the cycle back to Priority Interruptions!
Good Job! With this simple, no-root method, you can now switch between the modes when you’re going to sleep, or if you’re going out on a lunch. If you have any problems with the feature, then leave us a comment below!
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016