Samsung introduced this S-View sensor in the Galaxy S4 and brought a new concept to life. The S-View in the Galaxy S4 was very basic and wasn’t too good initially, but Samsung’s later devices, including the Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 4 received a much better version of the S-View with a lot of options to customize that little screen showing the notifications, battery status, weather updates, pedometer, and allowing the users to pick up the calls straight from the small window of their S-View cover.
The S-View screen has some wallpapers in different colors, you may pick up one to set on your device if you’re using an S-View cover, but what if you want to set a custom wallpaper in the S-View screen? You will probably end up failing to do so as Samsung hasn’t given this option in the settings of S-View cover, in shot, Samsung has locked this option. You must be bored of those limited colors and wallpapers on your S-View screen and wanting to get rid of now. Keeping this need of the Galaxy device owners in view, our friend Dr Ketan has developed a little application that enables a custom wallpaper option for S-View cover in Galaxy S5, Note 3 and Note 4. The application doesn’t require root access. All you need is, you need to follow the instructions listed below carefully and you will be able to set a custom wallpaper in the S-View screen right away. Let’s go ahead and learn how you can do so.
How To Add A Custom Wallpaper To S-View On Galaxy S5, Note 3 & Note 4
- Make sure that you’re using a right S-View cover on your device and it’s working properly.
- Now download the SView_WP_1.2.apk file.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone’s SD card.
- Now go to settings > system > security > allow unknown sources > tick.
- Now open file manager and locate teh downloaded SView_WP_1.2.apk file.
- Tap the APK file, begin the installation and proceed to finish it.
- Once installed, access the application from App drawer.
- Set the custom wallpaper.
- Close S-View case and check it out now.
- That’s all.