Sony Xperia Z series missed the close all button in the recent apps menu earlier, but the button was there in the new updates. It looks like with the release of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, Sony has forgot to add the close all button in recent apps menu once again. Users who updated their Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact or Z2 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, they couldn’t find the close all button in the recent apps panel. It’s a great hiccup, you can’t just swipe each and every application one by one to close all the applications, a close all button is a must have.
To overcome this little bug, XDA Recognised developer niaboc79 has come up with a little mode that adds a material design close all button to the recent apps panel of your Sony Xperia Z2, Z3 & Z3 Compact. At the time of writing this post, this little mod is available for the aforementioned three devices, but if the firmware misses this feature for rest of the devices, we expect the developer to add support to his mod for other devices as well. Let’s jump up to the method and install it right away.
How To Add Close All Button In Recent Apps Menu On Sony Xperia Running Lollipop
- You need to have your device rooted in order to add this button in the recent apps menu.
- You need a root explorer in order to access the root directory of your device.
- Download the SystemUI_ZX.apk file for according to your device.
- Rename the downloaded file to systemUI.apk
- Copy the renamed file to your phone.
- Now move to /system directory
- Set the permissions to r-w-r-r using the permissions option.
- Move the file to system/priv-app/systemUI [replace the systemUI if prompted.]
- Reboot your device.
- Open some applications and minimise.
- Open recent apps panel, you should find a close all button in the lower right corner.
- That’s all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017