You might have a very slow network connection. You might also think that the cause is because of the slow connection, and the amount of traffic the devices at your house are taking in. But, what if there’s one other unknown person who is juicing up all of your WiFi network’s speed? There might be a number of hacker surrounding you, and they might be using your WiFi connection, and in turn making it slow. In this guide, we are going to show you all how to find the person (not literally) who is stealing your WiFi network, and block him/her forever. Follow the guide in order to do so!
- You need an Android device to do the job.
- You’ll also need a PC in order to complete the task of banning the person from using your WiFi network.
- You need an Android applications named Fing. You can download it by clicking Here.
- You need your WiFi Router’s IP Address. You can find it on the product box.
How To Block The Person Using Your WiFi Network
- Open Fing, and locate your network.
- You will find name of your network, along with the Refresh and Settings buttons.
- Tap on the refresh button to reload the people using your WiFi network.
- Now, simply scroll down and down until you find a suspicious device using your WiFi address.
- Tap on it, and head into Settings.
- Note down the MAC Address. It’s in the form of xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
- Great, now on your PC, type in the Router’s IP Address to access the admin page.
- Type in your Username and password. If you don’t have them, contact your product provider.
- Once you’re logged it, find the ‘Security‘ tab. Under the Security tab, click on ‘Mac Filtering‘
- Click on ‘Add’ to add a device to the restricted list.
- Now, type in the MAC Address of the device you obtained earlier.
Good job! Now the hacker wouldn’t be able to access your WiFi network at all! If we helped you, feel free to leave a comment below!
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016