If you happen to be one of the many novice Android users, and if you just started off with the all new Motorola Moto E (2015), then you might want to take notice of this. Android devices are really very prone to mishaps and bricks. A small mistake in flashing a ZIP file, and you’re device is bricked. There are two types of Bricks – Softbrick and Hardbrick, Softbrick being the lucky of those two. Softbricks can be easily fixed with a Hard Reset. Hard Reset is nothing but a full format of your current device. If you happen to have any problems/bugs with your current Motorola Moto E2, then a simple Hard Reset may fix it. Follow this guide in order to do so.
- Backup EVERYTHING on your Moto E2. This process will wipe off each and every bit of data store on your device.
- Your Moto E2 should be running Stock Android, Lollipop.
- No Custom ROM should be installed.
- Stock Recovery is a must for best results.
- Also make sure that the Bootloader of your Moto E2 is locked. This will ensure you’ll still have the warranty if something bad happens in the process!
Once everything is set, proceed in hard resetting your Moto E (2015)
How To Hard Reset Your Moto E (2015)
There are mainly two ways by which you can reset your Moto E2, we are going to go with the safer method, which include you booting into the recovery mode.
- Switch off your Moto E2 completely.
- Now, boot into the Recovery Mode. First, press and hold simultaneously Power, Volume Down and Volume Up buttons. A boot menu will now be seen. Navigate to ‘Recovery‘ and select it. Now, an Android logo will be shown. All you need to do is press and hold the Volume Up, and Down buttons simultaneously, and tap the Power button once. This will boot you into the Recovery Mode.
- Once in recovery mode, navigate using the Volume Up and Down buttons.
- Navigate to ‘Factory Reset…’ and select the same.
- Wait for a while.
- After the process is completed, reboot your Moto E2.
- Great work! Your fresh new device will take a little bit of time to boot for the very first time.
If this didn’t work for you, make sure you leave us a comment below!
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Vidmate for Laptop – Download Vidmate for PC Windows/Mac - April 29, 2017
- BeautyPlus for PC Laptop / Windows / Mac Download - April 29, 2017
- iPhone : How to change Font - April 29, 2017