Recently, Google pushed the Google Camera standalone application in the Google Play Store. A warmly welcomed application by the viewers, photography freaks now have a chance to experience the Camera features of the Nexus devices on their Android devices using the Google Camera Application. Google Camera is packed up with some cool features like Photo Sphere, Lens Blur and Panorama. The application was available as an APK file earlier, and was install-able as well, but now Google has officially launched it in the app store for all the users.
The only hurdle that some users might be facing is the Android version on their devices. Google Camera requires at least Android 4.4 KitKat to run. Google Camera is much better and lite as compared to that of the other camera applications. In case you’re looking for Google Camera and you can’t find it in the Google Play Store at your end, like I wasn’t able to find it at first, your worry may come to an end now as you are here. In the following post we have linked in the APK file and explained the method to install Google Camera on your Android device using the file. Let’s go through the official features of Google Camera and then head towards the installation instructions.
Say “OK Google, take a picture” and the camera opens up with a 3…2…1… countdown, then takes a picture.
Similarly, “OK Googke, take a selfie” takes a selfie after a countdown.
• Photo Spheres for immersive 360º views
• Lens Blur mode for SLR-like photos with shallow depth of field
• Panorama mode with high resolution
• 100% viewfinder for getting the maximum resolution from the sensor (no dropped pixels)
• Updated UI that gets out of your way and is centered on an extra large capture button
• Works on phones and tablets running Android 4.4+ KitKat
Download & Install Google Camera APK:
- Download Google Camera APK.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone or download it directly on your phone.
- Locate the downloaded APK file on your phone and tap it to begin the installation.
- Select “Package Installer” if prompted.
- All “Unknown Sources” if required.
- Complete the installation and access the app through app drawer.
- Experience photography with Google’s very own Camera App.
- That’s all!