With the Galaxy S5, Samsung gave its TouchWiz UI a new look. The new interface is much colorful, much smooth and most of all, it’s even more user friendly. The stock Samsung applications have got a new and cool UI design as well. Besides this, there is a number of features that are exclusive to the Galaxy S5, that may make the other Galaxy owners a little jealous as they won’t be able to get this UI on their device, at least not anytime soon. While you’re thinking if you will get it or not, the good news for the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 users has arrived as XDA senior member sunajkram23 has brought up a great ROM with the features and UI of the Galaxy S5.
The ROM is based on Galaxy Note 2’s StockAndroid 4.4.2 KitKat ported by XDA developers JustArchi and Kryten2K35 and is deodexed. Just in case you’re looking out to try something new on your Galaxy S3, this might be a good chance. In the following post we are going to install this S5 Sensation ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and give it a look and feel of Samsung’s latest flagship Galaxy S5. All you need is, move forward with us and follow the guide carefully.
Let’s first go through the features of this ROM:
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed, in case you’re missing it you may Follow our full guide here to install TWRP.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety]. Here’s our full Nandroid Backup guide.
- You will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM, so make sure that you have backed up all the mentioned data.
- Make an EFS backup of your phone before you flash this ROM.
- You need enough confidence to flash this ROM.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
How to Install S5 Sensation ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Download latest S5 Sensation ROM 5.0 .zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select S5 Sensation ROM.zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the S5 Sensation ROM running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
Here are some screenshots from this ROM:
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
In case you got any issues or you face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017