One thing that almost all the Android users wants is to purchase the brand new device with new features and some cool new stuff, although, there are other ways to try the new things on your old device. When I owned the LG Viewty, I always wanted to install anything on it, that could bring it closer to an Android device, in looks only. Thanks to Viewtygate, I got what I wanted, however, slowed down my device to an extreme level. When I upgraded to a Galaxy S2, always wanted to have HTC Sense on it, same as the case was when I wanted to try the Floating window and Multi-Window concept On it.
What I meant to say is that we all wanted to try new things on our Android devices, especially from the New release. Galaxy S5 arrived with the brand new AccuWeather Widget, which I don’t like, but most of the other Galaxy Device owners wants to try it on their devices, especially the Galaxy S4 owners, Galaxy S6 has already the same thing, so all these owners don’t have to worry about it. We are going to show you How to Install Galaxy S5 AccuWeather Widget on other Galaxy Devices, without further ado, let us continue.
A Rooted TouchWiz based device.
AccuWeather Widget: Link
Weatherdemon App: Link
How to Install AccuWeather widget:
- Download both the files and Copy them to your device.
- Install Root browser on your device.
- Open Root Browser and Navigate to system > app folder.
- Search for the following files: AccuweatherPhone2013.apk AccuweatherPhone2013.odex
- Now Rename them by adding the .bak at the end of them.
- Save them.
- Now look for the Following: WeatherWidgetDaemon.apk WeatherWidgetDaemon.odex
- Once Again, Rename them and add the .bak at the end.
- Save and close the Root browser.
- Install the Downloaded Apk files.
- Reboot the device and Once on Home-Screen, Add the Galaxy S5 AccuWeather widget
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016