Galaxy Rugby Pro is an average Phone, in case of Both Price and Specs, said to be created according to Military Specifications. It has been released with Android 4.0.4 ICS out of the Box and now received the Update of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. It has IP67 Certification and available to all Major Carriers in Canada, Namely Sasktel, Bell, Telus and Virgin. You will receive the OTA update anytime soon, but if you are not planning to wait for it, you try the Manual Tutorial, we will post below. After Updating Galaxy Rugby Pro here are the New features you will find Google Now, new expandable Notification Panel, Page Buddy, Blocking Mode, 2 Homescreen modes, smoother TouchWiz Nature UX, shortcuts at lockscreen etc in Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Update Samsung Rugby Pro SGH-I547C to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-I547C .
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices.
Canada (Bell): I547CVLUAMC1_I547COYAAMC1_BMC.zip
Canada (SaskTel): I547CVLUAMC1_I547COYAAMC1_BWA.zip
Canada (Telus): I547CVLUAMC1_I547COYAAMC1_TLS.zip
Canada (Virgin): I547CVLUAMC1_I547COYAAMC1_VMC.zip
Canada: (Koodo Mobile): SGH-I547C-KDO-I547CVLUAMC1-1362224021.zip
How To Update Samsung Rugby Pro SGH-I547C to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy Rugby Pro SGH-I547C to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File with .tar in its name, or the one who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
That;s it your Samsung Rugby Pro SGH-I547C has been updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Go to Settings > About To verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016