Being an Android power user, sticking to the stock firmware on my Galaxy Note 4 N910C wasn’t doing so good. We reached Dr. Ketan and requested him to cook us his famous custom ROM, that packs up tons of cool features, for the Galaxy Note 4 and we’ve finally got it done. Few days back, Dr Ketan’s Custom ROM came up and after a lot of testing, we were able to get it working fine on our beloved Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C. Before we talk further about the features and how it improves the device, the newbies may want to know a little bit about the Dr Ketan Custom ROM. Dr Ketan is very famous and recognized contributor on the XDA developers forum, his ROM first time came up for Galaxy Note 2 and since then, there have been massive improvements over time in his custom firmware. Dr Ketan’s custom ROMs are stock based custom ROMs, these ROMs are feature rich and can greatly enhance your experience on your Galaxy Note device. To be precise, this ROM is an all-in-one pack, that doesn’t require you to flash any further mods, any further tweaks as it is completely user customized ROM. If you love a bloatware free, ad-free, and a smooth ROM, you must try give this ROM a try as it’s completely intended for everyday use.
For the Galaxy Note 4, This ROM is based on the build number XXU1ANJ4 (PAK region). This is a multi-DPI ROM, means you can set the display size according to your liking. There are features like call recording, full screen caller, 8 toggles in the notification bar etc. A part from the great features, the ROM promises great performance and stability. There are no bugs caught so far, it’s working flawlessly. The ROM also packs up debloating tool, Backup tools etc. Dr Ketan has greatly bundled all the features in several applications like ROM Control, Dr.Ketan Utiliies, Samsung CSC features, Secure Settings. These applications can be used to completely control and customize the ROM the way the users wish. Let’s go through all the features of this ROM and then head towards the installation guide, that also is our target for now.
1. This Guide Is Only For Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery is required for flashing this ROM. You may use our guide to install CWM recovery on Exynos Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this using CWM recovery.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. If your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it ever. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Update Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C With Feature Rich Dr Ketan Custom ROM
- Make sure that you’ve installed CWM recovery that is linked above. No other recovery is recommended.
- Download N910C exynos Dr.Ketan Custom ROM V1
- Copy the downloaded ROM.zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Boot into CWM recovery now. To do so, turn off your Galaxy Note 4 completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. you will see the recovery mode in a few seconds.
- Once in recovery, factory reset your phone. This will wipe your phone’s applications / data, SD card data won’t be wiped.
- Now select Install zip > choose zip from SD card > locate Dr Ketan ROM.zip file and select it to start flashing.
- Once the flashing has ended, wipe cache and dalvik cache from recovery.
- Reboot your device now.
- As soon as it boots up, you should see the Samsung logo, it will take a few minutes to enter home screen.
- Once the home screen comes up, the device will first of all ask for SuperSU rights, grant it and then it will get a force close error, and will ask for reboot. If it doesn’t reboot automatically, reboot your device after 30 seconds.
- Once rebooted again, you can use ROM Control, Dr Ketan Utilities and CSC features application to tweak your ROM.
- That’s all!
Here are some screenshots from this ROM
We hope that you find this ROM great. In case you’re stuck with anything regarding this post, make sure that you reach us out using the comment box below. We will get back to you immediately.