It’s easily possible to update your Galaxy A5 to all new Android 6.0 Marshmallow by means of CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM. While this device is going to wait in the queue to get the Marshmallow firmware officially after ages, using a custom ROM maybe a chance for Android geeks to have a look and feel of Marshmallow on their Galaxy A5 sooner then the time. In the succeeding guide you will find the step-by-step instructions to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Galaxy A5 using CyanogenMod 13 unofficial custom ROM. Before we proceed with the guide, let’s go through a recap of the Galaxy A5 and some reasons to flash this custom ROM on your device right now.
When Galaxy A5 was released back in 2014, the device was caught running Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box. Galaxy A5, being a mid-ranger carried some specifications that was worth the money. The device was later updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Samsung has the plans to update the Galaxy A series to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Since these devices are not the flagship devices, it’s not going to be a priority for Samsung to release the updates for these devices anytime soon. Samsung will be covering up its flagship devices in the first phase. Its gonna take quite a while for Samsung to cook up the official Marshmallow update for the Galaxy A series. If you’re an Android enthusiasts who just can’t sit back and wait for this update to come out, you may want to taste the Marshmallow firmware on your device right now through some other means. The best option that has been there for power users is the installation of a custom ROMs. Custom firmware have always been a great source to give the devices a new life. Now that CyanogenMod 13, which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, has already made its way for the Galaxy A5, you can easily flash it to fulfil your appetite or Marshmallows right now. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow carries some major system enhancements which are going to give you a whole new experience.
As far as the stability of this custom ROM is concerned, it’s still in the early development stages. This ROM is definitely not a daily driver at the moment. If you’re a newbie or you’re not a pro-user, we highly recommend you to stay away from this ROM as it may get you caught in a mess. You may proceed with the flashing process if you know how to handle a custom ROM or if you’re confident enough to follow the guidelines carefully. As off now, FM Radio and Android Beam are reported to be unstable. Other features like Camera, RIL are working fine. You can flash this ROM to experience Marshmallowed Galaxy A5 for now. Let’s go ahead and learn the steps to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM.
Here are some precautions
- This ROM has been found working fine on Galaxy A5 A500FU. Do not use this rom on any other Android device as using an invalid file may result in bricking it.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
- Flash TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy A5 A500FU.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content before proceeding.
- Don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup and also backup its EFS partition.
- Follow this guide carefully to avoid any mishaps and get the process done successfully.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom recoveries, custom ROMs and rooting the Android smartphones at first involves going through a complex process and it includes potential risks. Although the methods listed on our site are pretty much safe to follow, but we do not guarantee a safe result in the end. Just in case you end up bricking your device or getting something wrong done, TechBeasts or the device manufacturer may not be held responsible in that case. Make sure that you’ve read each and everything carefully and you’re proceeding at your own risk.
Update Samsung Galaxy A5 A500FU To Android 6.0 Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13 ROM
- Download CyanogenMod 13.zip file according to your device
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android Marshmallow.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy all .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm13.0…….zip file > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 6.0 Marshmallow running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016
- Download and install official Pixel Launcher on Android [APK] - October 19, 2016
- Download Google Pixel Wallpaper App for Android [Wallpapers APK] - October 19, 2016