Android Marshmallow comes with a lot of new features and improvements, but as there are many new things, people are also getting problems. We have covered many issues on Galaxy Note 5 after updating to Android 6.0. Today I have got another mail from our reader regarding No Whatsapp notifications in Galaxy Note 5 after updating to Marshmallow.
Hi guys. I have a Note 5. i just got an update to 6.0.1 and ever since i got that update i am not getting any Whatsapp notifications in my status bar at all. For example, if i am in another application and i received a Whatsapp message, it would say message from Tom or message from Mary. That’s what used to happen before i got the Marshmallow update.
Fix No Whatsapp notifications in Marshmallow-updated Galaxy Note 5:
As I have never faced any issue like so I had to dig deeper and found out very positive solutions. Follow all the instruction carefully in order to Fix No Whatsapp notifications in Marshmallow-updated Galaxy Note 5.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Applications.
- Tap on Manage Applications.
- Now Tap on All tabs.
- Tap on Storage.
- Search for WhatsApp and Tap on it.
- Now check the “Show notifications” box if it’s checked.
Once you have tried this method, use the other device and send a text on WhatsApp to see it’s working now. After trying the first method you won’t got any success. Try the following one.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on 3 dots located on your top right corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- First, make sure that ” conversation tone is checked.
- Tap on Pop-up notification and Select No Pop-up, if the option is changed to other one.
- Turn off your device.
- Now press and hold home+Power+Volume Up key.
- Release the power button once you see the logo, but keep holding home and Volume up keys.
- Now when you see Android logo, let go both buttons.
- Use the volume down button to navigate and highlight wipe cache partition.
- Now use the power key to select the option.
- You have to select ‘Yes‘ when you’ll be prompted to next menu.
- Now wait for the process to be completed, once it’s done highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and press power button to select it.
- All Done.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Puffin Browser for PC Download – Windows/Mac - October 27, 2016
- Best Friends Forever for PC – Download - October 27, 2016
- Fix Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Not Turning On After Overnight Charging - October 27, 2016