In this post, I’ll tell you how to fix Missing Operating System or operating System Not Found Error on Windows. The main reason which can trigger this error are your system partition is not active, BIOS (computer input/output) not detect hard disk, Hard disk is corrupted etc. Now let’s start the method to fix operating System Not Found or Missing Operating System error on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows XP.
How To Fix Missing Operating System Error:
- To Fix this issue, you need a Windows CD or DVD, you can also use bootable windows OS USB device.
- Insert CD or attach Bootable USB with your PC.
- Now you have to enter your BIOS setup, depending on your system setup.
- When the boot setup loads up, select the option Repair Your Computer.
- When you are in repair computer process, Open CMD (Command Prompt).
- In CMD type these commands, “disk part” then type “list volume”.
- When all volumes list is shown, type “select volume ###“(system volume C) shows on CMD. Ex. select volume 3
- Once you select the volume, type “ACTIVE“. Now type ”exit” to leave disk part and again ”exit” to close cmd.
- In the End Restart your PC.
This solution is working for many users and I’ve tried it myself, just follow all the steps mention above and you’ll successfully fix Missing Operating System error on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows XP.