Faulty iPhone charging cable results in the death of a teenager

Something as harmless as a faulty iPhone charging cable can result in a fatal accident, and occasionally the death of an individual. Sadly enough, a 14-year old teenager was not able to live through this ordeal and tell the tale afterward but this tragedy will also provide a large number of lessons to those that like to carry around frayed charging cables with them.

Faulty iPhone charging cable results in the death of a teenager

According to Yahoo news, this is what happened with the teenager:

“Police in the Hoan Kiem district of Vietnamese capital Hanoi said they found the burnt white cable on the 14-year-old’s bed and believe a slight tear in the rubber casing may have revealed the live wires inside.

The schoolgirl, named in reports as Le Thi Xoan, was found unconscious by her parents and rushed to a local hospital.”

Sadly, doctors were unable to revive her and she was pronounced dead on arrival. It was later confirmed that electrocution was the main culprit in her death. Investigators believed that Le Thi Xoan used to plug in her iPhone 6 and put it on her bed before she went to sleep.

The teenager most likely got coiled within the cable and the exposed wire of the cable ended up electrocuting her after tears ended up accumulating in that wire.

Apple has yet to say anything about this issue but it is high time that the company starts to manufacturer more robust accessories. In any case, if you happen to possess a faulty iPhone charging cable or anything that has its wires exposed it would be best to replace it with a new one.

Third-party accessory manufacturers provide cheaper products that feature higher quality materials. This does not necessarily mean that you have to go out and waste more funds on an Apple-branded Lightning cable.

Perhaps this lesson will provide a great deal of learning to those who have faulty cables in possession.

Source

M. Omer

M. Omer

Muhd. Omer cannot control his love for tech, so he became an author to report on the latest happenings in technology, and to educate others. Check him out on Facebook in your free time.
M. Omer
  • Shouldn’t we start with the impossibility of that happening with the voltages that should be on that cable? Either something else happened (cause is a faulty adapter design?) or this is untrue.

© 2017 TechBeasts. All rights reserved.·
TechBeasts.com is not associated with Google, Samsung or any other OS provider and smartphone manufacturer. We are an unofficial fan site.