Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was unveiled by Samsung on Sept 4th, 2013. The device sports a beautiful 5.7 inch full HD display with 386 ppi, there is a 13 MP camera at the back while a 2.1 MP camera on the front. Under the hood, it has got a massive 1.9 GHz Octa Core processor and a 3 GB RAM. With the advent of time, Samsung has brought up the best stuff in its Galaxy Note series, there is a number of features that add charm to the Galaxy Note 3, these include Air command, pen window etc.
Its been over 2 months now and we’ve been waiting for the developers to get their hands on the device and prepare some cool stuff to play with, while most of the developers have got the Snapdragon version of the Note 3 that is SM-N9005, there is not much to do on the Exynos one that is N900. Most of the custom roms, mods are only for Galaxy Note 3 Snapdragon version. Finally Dr Ketan, XDA-developers recognized contributor has managed to cook a custom rom for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
I’ve tested Dr Ketan’s ROM on my Note 3 and found no lag, no issues at all. It works flawlessly, and the mods are quite awesome to go with. The key features of the ROM include All apps in the pen window, Camera shutter sound on/off option, Screen on/off on Message Arrival and Call recording. While the rest of the features as stated by Dr Ketan are as follows:
Based on N900XXUCMJ7_N900ODDCMJ2_INU,Deodexed, ZipAligned, PreRooted
-Inbuilt Aroma file manager in case anything go wrong while playing device with different mods, you can manage to explore device from recovery
-Recovery Flasher Chenglu’s/TWRP/Stock (optional)
-Backup of various parts of ROM like System/app and System Framework folder, before trying any MODs (Optional)
-Various kind of restore utility – As reversal from above said backup
-Customized Bloatware remover, select only app you don’t want.(including Knox)
-Pre rooted (No need to flash SuperSU zip)
-Ad Free, Optional Knox free
-Advanced function SecMMs
- Group messeging
- Schedule msg
- Backup/Restore SMS to SD card
- Recipient limit 999
- Original time stamps
- Disable SMS-MMS
- Raise SMS/hr limit
- Split view toggle in setting menu
- Increased MMS max size
- Increased size of image
-Transparent Status bar
-MultiWindow manager for all apps
-Multi PenWindow app for all app (Without third party app)
-NFC offscreen Polling
Shutter sound on/off menu (CSC Features)
So, Here’s how to get this ROM installed in your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900, but before we begin, let’s have a look at some pre-requisites.
- You must be rooted and have installed the CWM recovery, check out our Guide and root your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
- Make sure that your device is charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power loss during the flashing process on the phone.
- Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
- Make sure that your device is SM-N900, check the model under Settings>General>About Device>Model.
- Install the listed files carefully, follow this guide to letter in order to prevent any mishap.
How to Install Dr. Ketan’s Custom ROM:
- Download the ROM from HERE.
- Place the downloaded file on your phone’s internal or external sd card.
- Boot into cwm recovery on your phone, to do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- Now in recovery select ”Install Zip > Choose Zip from SdCard/External SD” (Where you placed the downloaded ROM).
- Select the .zip ROM file and select yes in next step.
- It will open Dr Ketan’s Multi Tool. The Multi Tool is not modified for the model number yet and shows GT-N7100 as device, but it is for SM-N900 actually, you can select what you want to do from the available options. I recommend you to make EFS backup.
- Skip the options that you can’t understand or you don’t want to mess with, and proceed to ROM installation.
- It will take a few minutes for you to complete the installation process, as soon as the installation gets finished, reboot your device and check out the awesome mods 😀
Here are some screenshots from Dr. Ketan’s ROM:
That’s All! In case of any difficulties or queries, feel free to write us in the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Soul Knight for PC (Windows and Mac) - February 26, 2017
- Download LG G6 Stock Wallpapers - February 26, 2017
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017