Previously we posted one of the best Custom ROMs for Nexus 6 Pure Shamu ROM, which is based on the Stock ROM, with AOSP sources to keep it as close to Stock as possible. Lot of mods and tweaks are added to make it better than stock, but that is not the main attraction of this ROM. There are lot of custom ROMs but not all of them have an exclusive theme like Shamu ROM. The exclusive theme for this ROM is Materialized Dark Theme, which is sure to be updated with every next update of the ROM, bringing more features and customizations in the theme.
For all those who are thinking of it as a ROM, this is just a theme, that will change the look of your Device.It will turn the whole entire UI Dark. Since the Stock App Drawer Card of Android 5.0 Lollipop is White, this theme will turn it into its reverse. The best part about this theme is that it is battery friendly. In this article, we will show you How to Install the Material Dark theme on Pure Shamu ROM running on Nexus 6.
Install PureShamu ROM: Link
Material Dark theme: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Motorola in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
How to Install Material Dark theme:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip file to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. (ADB and Fastboot Tools Installer)
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
Into the Recovery:
- Go to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Dark Theme.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- The theme will be applyed on the Whole System.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016