Music is the one of the very few things that take off our mind from all those sad and disturbing thoughts. Listening to music is one of the favourite pastimes of every person, may it be a romantic tune or a hardcore Eminem rap, it just fixes everything. Smartphones have now become the most used music gadget crushing the usage of iPods and Walkman’s. However, audio quality is one of the most neglected aspects from device manufactures and even some top flagship devices are suffering from below-par audio quality.
Luckily, Android users don’t need to worry about all these tiny problems in their devices. Almost everything can be solved in this Android world, thanks to the huge developer network and aspiring users who bring awesome stuff to the Android world. Viper4Android is one such fabled audio mod which can be installed on rooted Android devices to enhance the audio quality of the device. This beautiful mod delivers a great audio output with the default settings but you can fine tune it further to optimize the audio output to your liking.
I’ve been using this app for a long time and tested it on many devices running ICS to the latest Marshmallow. Before proceeding with the app installation, let’s see some of the best features of Viper4Android. So, let’s jump into the vast feature set of this beautiful mod.
Features of Viper4Android
This is the latest feature that is added to the recent builds of Viper4Android. This feature delivers richer and warmer sound by simulating the sound signature of pure class A amplifier.
Playback Gain Control
The playback gain control can make headphones sound quieter or louder, even when the system volume is set to max. With this option, you can optimize the volume strength but be careful that it can damage your headphones if the settings are set to maximum.
This is one of the amazing features of this app, it will help produce a balanced audio response from your headphones. Enabling this would ensure that the lows, mids, and highs don’t cross each other producing a little humming noise in the background. However, this alone is not sufficient for good audio quality, you need to pick up a good set of headphones as well.
This option encodes the higher sound spectrum to make the audio lossless with enhanced high frequencies.
The convolver enables us to use an Input Response Sample (IRS) through convolution algorithms. Speaking in English, it’s a sound processor that will process the audio playback in real time and delivers a great audio output. To use it, grab some IRS samples from here and paste them in the \SDcard\ViPER4Android\Kernel\
This is also called as the Haas effect which basically delays the sound to one ear from 1 to 35ms, which gives us a fake perception of depth.
As the names say, it uses the surround audio technology on Android devices to give a surround effect on your headphones.
The fidelity control feature will give us control over Viper Bass and Viper Clarity. So, you can adjust bass using different modes and frequencies and also make the sound much clearer. This is one of the best features of Viper4Android.
There are many more controls and features which you will find out while exploring the depths of the app. Now, let’s see how to install the Viper4Android app on your Android device.
How to Install Viper4Android
- Download the Viper4Android app compatible with your OS version and device. You can find all the Viper4Android versions from here.
- Once you install and launch the app, you’ll be prompted to download the drivers.
- Grant the root permissions when prompted and the drivers installation will start. The app will freeze for some time while the drivers are being installed, so don’t worry.
- Once the driver installation is completed, you’ll be asked to reboot the device. So, reboot the device for the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot, enable the Viper4Android from the audio settings and optimize the audio output by fine-tuning the options in the app.
- As we have already mentioned, you can try the IRS modules by placing them in the \SDcard\ViPER4Android\Kernel\ directory of your device.
Is the audio experience on your device improved? Let’s know which settings have helped you get a better audio output on your device.
Latest posts by Naveen Robsworth (see all)
- How To Flash Nexus Factory Images Manually - March 14, 2016
- Tips to take Better Photos with your Smartphone - March 10, 2016
- Here are Some New Features on WhatsApp you Must Know - March 6, 2016