WhatsApp end-to-end encryption has been made available for all WhatsApp users across the world. With end-to-end encryption, WhatsApp aims to secure the chats of billions of its users. Enabling WhatsApp end-to-end encryption is quite an easy process. Here’s a comprehensive and step-by-step guide on how to enable WhatsApp end-to-end encryption on your Android and iOS device.
We are living in a world where information leaks have become more than common. Everyday we see some new battle going on around us because of the private information being compromised. It’s actually more than annoying when you see your private chats, text messages, calls or photos getting compromised. This mostly happens when people usually use different platforms to communicate with their loved ones and they speak their heart out, share their personal data over the IMs. When it comes to choosing an IM to for your primary communication, you come across some popular names like WhatsApp, Viber, Line, WeChat and others. But which one to choose when it comes to security? Well, if you’re going to choose an IM today, then you definitely need to go with WhatsApp. WhatsApp has announced its end-to-end encryption and has taken a leap over all other instant messengers today.
WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption makes sure that all of your calls, text messages, videos, photos and documents that you’re sharing over WhatsApp are safe and sound. The end-to-end encryption secures every bit of information exchanged over WhatsApp. WhatsApp end-to-end encryption allocates a secret key to every single message. Only the recipient has the key to decrypt this message. Not even WhatsApp or an employee of WhatsApp can look into what you’re doing on WhatsApp. This step by WhatsApp has been taken to build more trust among its users and also to make the most popular instant messenger more safe and secure.
How to enable WhatsApp end-to-end encryption
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of WhatsApp on your Android or iOS device. You can grab the latest WhatsApp from the Appstore for iOS and from the Play Store for Android.
- Now open the latest WhatsApp installed on your Android or iOS device.
- Open any chat on your WhatsApp.
- As soon as you open the chat screen, you will find the option “Messages you to send to this chat and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption. Tap for more info”.
- Tap the above-mentioned message in your WhatsApp chat screen. As soon as you tap it, it will ask you for verification.
- Now tap the Verify button, and it will show you a QR code that has to be scanned.
- You will either have to scan the QR code on your contact’s phone, or you will have to ask them to scan your code. You will have to do the same process on your recipient’s device to reach the QR code scanning stage i.e. step 1 – 6.
- Once you’re done scanning the code, you will find an end-to-end encryption indicator in the contact info or the group info in your WhatsApp Messenger.
- That’s all you had to do to enable end-to-end encryption on WhatsApp. Best of luck.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Stock Wallpapers - March 29, 2017
- List of Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus Model Numbers - March 29, 2017
- T-Mobile goes underwater to welcome the Galaxy S8 with Sharks - March 29, 2017