OnePlus just released the Hydrogen OS 3.0 for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. Users all across the world can now download and install Hydrogen OS 3.0 on OnePlus 3/3T.
The Hydrogen OS 3.0 for the OnePlus devices is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. OnePlus created the Oxygen OS for the general/global market while the Hydrogen OS only targets local markets like China. OnePlus is yet to announce a Oxygen OS and Hydrogen OS merger, but for the time being, it is updating the current firmware. Hydrogen OS 3.0 offers slightly better battery life and upgraded performance as compared to the Oxygen OS Nougat update. The update is now live and reaching out the users via OTA. if you are currently running your phone on Hydrogen OS, you can check for the OTA update. You can also manually update your phone and here is a simple guide on that.
- Download and install TWRP recovery on your phone. TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 3 | TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 3T
- Download the ROM for your device: Hydrogen OS 3.0 for OnePlus 3 | Hydrogen OS 3.0 for OnePlus 3T
- Download the Google Installer, Google Play Store and Google Play Services file and unzip it to get the APK files: Download Link
How to download and install Hydrogen OS 3.0 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Backup everything on your phone.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP recovery, tap the wipe option and perform a factory data reset.
- Now tap on install > locate the ROM.zip file > Swipe on screen to confirm.
- Reboot your phone, it will be on latest Hydrogen OS.
- Now download the Google Installer, Play Store and Play Services APK files and install them on your phone one by one as normal APKs.
- That’s all.
I hope that you found this guide helpful. If you have got any queries, feel free to reach me out through the comment box below. Drop us your feedback regarding the all new Hydrogen OS 3.0 for the OnePlus smartphones.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017