S6 Edge’s official Android 7.0 Nougat has started rolling out. Here is a very easy-to-follow guide on how to download and install the all new Android 7.0 Nougat stock firmware on your Galaxy S6 Edge.
Good stuff floating around guys. Galaxy S6 Edge owners just got a treat. Samsung has started updating this device to Android 7.0 Nougat. The device is about to get a whole-lot better. Android 7.0 Nougat will give your Galaxy S6 Edge a life that you’ve been wanting for so long. Android 7.0 Nougat update has started hitting the device in several regions all at once. You can check your device’s About device section > software updates for an OTA. If your phone happens to be in a unlucky region, you can follow this guide for the good sake. Let’s learn what new elements you are going to get through this latest firmware.
Android 7.0 Nougat brings a new lock-screen with a brand new style of notifications. The status bar of the phone is now new and the whole notification bar is new as well. Toggles in the notification section are revamped. You will get rid of those old-typical buttons and get the buttons without round backgrounds now. Color of the notification panel has turned all-white now. A new settings application with all new icons is added. The icons of applications have a new design. Galaxy S6 Edge has an option for the resolution now. You can change whatever pixels you want to see on your phone’s screen. Extra settings have been added in all the toggle-buttons in the notification section.
Apart from these UI changes, users will get a new performance boost on the phone. Battery life will just get better with this firmware as well. The phone looks nice as compared to its Marshmallow look.
The firmware we are about to install is completely official and untouched. At the moment it’s rolled out only for the G925 variant of the Galaxy S6 Edge, but the same procedure will be used for all other variants of the Galaxy S6 Edge. The firmware link is attached below. You can just enter your phone’s model number there and check if Nougat firmware is available for it or not. Go through all the preparations carefully and then start flashing the Official Android Nougat software on your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
- Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well.
- Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
- Backup everything!
- Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firmware. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.12.3
- Firmware for G925F and others
- Version: Android 7. Nougat
- PDA: G925FXXU5EQBG
- MODEM: G925FVFG5EQBG
- Download Android 7 Nougat for G925F | Download Android 7 Nougat for Other Galaxy S6 Edge Variants
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the .tar.md5 files.
Download and install Galaxy S6 Edge Official Stock Android 7.0 Nougat
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy S6 Edge in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue.
- Now in Odin, selects the files one by one as shown in the picture.
- Select BL tab and select the BL file in it.
- Select AP tab and select the PDA or AP file in it.
- Select CP tab and select the CP file in it.
- Select CSC tab and select HOME_CSC file in it.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
- Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017