OnePlus users can now download and install the beta Android 7.1.1 on their OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The firmwares are close to the final build and are safe to install.
OnePlus users have had another great day as the company started rolling out the Oxygen OS Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 3T and Open Beta 12 for Oneplus 3 based on Android 7.1 Nougat firmware for both the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. OnePlus has been quite efficient with its software updates. It didn’t take long for OnePlus to roll out this update after the official roll out of the Android 7.0 Nougat. Although the rolled update is still in the beta stage, but we expect the final build to come out any moment now. OnePlus 3 and 3T both get a lot of new features, stability and performance boost with this new update.
First of all, the most notable change is definitely the Android version number. Your phone is all set to have Android 7.1.1 now. OnePlus has added a new wallpaper in the wallpaper section for both of its flagship phones. There are improvements in the Gallery application of the phones for a better photo surfing experience. A new photo editor has been added in this firmware which can watermark your photos easily now. The photos section also highlights the recently added pictures now. In the grid view of pictures, you can now easily view the location of that particular media content. Furthermore, you can now hide the individual content of a folder. There are a few bugs here and there, but keeping in view the great deal of Android 7.1.1, that shouldn’t really matter to you, particularly if you happen to be a power user.
The beta firmwares are now available for download. They are all safe and sound to run on the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Let’s go through the steps to install the Official beta Android 7.1.1 on the OnePlus 3 and 3T now.
- Download OnePlus 3 Open beta 12 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware
- Rename the downloaded file to oneplus3_openbeta12.zip
- Download OnePlus 3T Open Beta 3 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware
- Rename the downloaded file to oneplus3T_openbeta3.zip
Install OnePlus 3/3T Android 7.1.1 Nougat using stock recovery
- Backup everything before proceeding. Follow the instructions carefully. Charge your phone good enough to make sure it doesn’t die and use the original data cable for the whole process.
- Download and install Android ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer.
- You will get a Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in your Windows installation drive after installing the ADB drivers linked above. It should be something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot and you will also get the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe file on your desktop.
- Now copy the OnePlus 3 beta 12 Android 7.1.1 or OnePlus 3T beta 3 Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware.zip file to this Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
- It’s time to put your OnePlus 3/3T in recovery mode and connect it to your PC.
- Turn off your OnePlus 3/3T completely.
- Now press and hold Volume Down + Home Key to boot into OnePlus 3/3T stock recovery.
- As your phone boots up into the stock recovery, select “Install form USB” mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer now.
- Now from the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder, run the MAF32.exe file, or find the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe file on your desktop and run that.
- A command window will open up now.
- In the command window, enter the following command.
- For OnePlus 3: adb sideload oneplus3_openbeta12.zip
- For OnePlus 3T: adb sideload onpelus3t_openbeta3.zip
Method#2: Install OnePlus 3/3T Android 7.1.1 Nougat using TWRP recovery
- Download and install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 3
- Download and install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 3T
- Now follow the steps given in this guide to flash the firmware.
Note: You will not be able to get OTA updates after installing the beta firmware. To get the OTA updates in future, you have to install the Oxygen OS on your phone. You can easily flash the latest Oxygen OS by following the instructions given in this guide.
I hope that you guys found this guide helpful. Reach me out through the comments if you get stuck with something.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017