Few days back in Google, Google I/O keynote we got a chance to see the new Android version know as Android “L”. At the moment we really don’t have any official name for Android L. Good thing is that, this new version comes with everything new e.g keyboard, wallpapers, bootanimation and more. The best thing now, is that the Google would be delivering security updates through Google Play Services not with the old method, where we got new security updates through firmware updates. So, we thought to install Google Play Services v5.0.77 on our current devices, to start getting the security updates through new way.
Along with the L Developer Preview, we also announced a new version of Google Play services that brings new capabilities and the latest optimizations to devices across the Android ecosystem. Google Play services ensures that you can build on the latest features from Google for your users, with the confidence that those services will work properly everywhere. The latest version has begun rolling out and here are some of the highlights:
- Services for Android wearables — Your apps can more easily communicate and sync with code running on Android wearables through an automatically synchronized, persistent data store and a reliable messaging interface.
- Play Games services — Build a great gaming experience with Quests, which allow event-based challenges for players to complete for rewards, Saved Games (a snapshot API allow synchronization of game data along with a cover-image and description), and Game Profile (providing experience points for players).
- App Indexing API — Surface deep content in your native mobile applications on Google search and drive additional user engagement.
- Google Cast — Use media tracks to enable closed-caption support for Chromecast.
- Drive — Sort query results, create offline folders, and select any mime type in the file picker by default.
- Wallet — Build a “Save to Wallet” button for offers directly into your app; use geo-fenced in-store notifications to prompt the user to show and scan digital cards. Split tender allows payment to be split between Wallet Balance and a credit/debit card in Google Wallet.
- Analytics — Get insights into the full user journey and understand how different user acquisition campaigns are performing with Enhanced Ecommerce, letting you measure product impressions, product clicks, and more.
- Mobile Ads — Use improved in-app purchase ads and integration for the Play store in-app purchase API client.
- Dynamic Security Provider — Offers an alternative to the platform’s secure networking APIs that can be updated more frequently, for faster delivery of security patches.
Download and Install Google Play Services v5.0.77 APK:
If you know how to install apk on your Android device then it will be easy for you to install Google Play Services V5.0.77. Follow all the steps in the following guide.
Step 2: Open the apk file from your device downloads or wherever you’ve placed it.
Step 3: Once you tap on the Google Play Services apk you’ll get a pop-up asking install through Package Installer.
Step 4: Select package installer and complete the steps as shown on your screen.
Step 5: All done! You can verify that you’ve installed the latest version by Settings > Apps > Google Play Services.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- 1000 Cool Instagram Names – Girls & Guys - April 25, 2017
- How To Bypass FRP on Samsung Devices – Bypass FRP APK - April 22, 2017
- Sideload Snapchat++ On iOS Without Jailbreak - April 21, 2017