Google Play Services, the most essential part of the Android OS, that let’s the Google Apps to work properly on it and also allows the Apps to get installed / updated from the Google Play Store. Without Google Play Services, a number of applications might not work and result in crashing, not only that, you won’t be able to install or update any application as it will result in returning some error code. Google Play Services provides the core functionality to the components of the Android OS, it also enhances the user experience with certain applications.
Since Google Play Services has a great role to play in, Google keeps updating this application to make it work at its best and prevent any bugs / issues that might interrupt the proper functionality of this application. The latest update made to the Google Play Services was on 3rd of October, 2014, the version number however, isn’t changed it still is 6.1.11 with a number of enhancements on the core including bug fixes and stability.
Although the Google Play Services updates itself using the Play Store as soon as a new update lands in, but just in case you’re facing problems with updating it, or your Google Play Services is causing some trouble, you may have to update the Play Services manually by installing it through an APK file. To prevent your time from getting wasted while you look out for the APK file, we’ve already pulled out the latest one from the Google Play Store and embedded the download link right here. You may go ahead, grab the APK and install / update it using the instructions explained below.
- Download Google Play Services 6.1.11 APK.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone or download it directly to your phone.
- Now go to Settings > Security > Unknown sources > Allow.
- Locate the downloaded APK file now and tap it to install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, proceed with the installation and complete it.
- Once done, go to Settings > Applications / Application Manager > All > Google Play Services > Clear Cache.
- Restart your device.
- That’s all. The new Google Play Services should be working fine now.
You may want to learn now how you can fix the errors with your Google Play Store.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and install Hydrogen OS 3.0 on OnePlus 3/3T - February 20, 2017
- How to install TWRP on HTC U Ultra and Root it - February 20, 2017
- Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A - February 19, 2017