With Nexus 5, Google introduced a whole new UI packed up in shape of Google Experience Launcher. Since the time of it’s release, the Google Experience launcher was only available for the Nexus 5 and those looking for a way to get it running on their device couldn’t do it easily until coming across side-loading. Google Experience Launcher does not sport so many features, but it probably can be tweaked by applying different addons and make it look the way you like and want. The simple, smooth & fast interface of the GEL is just adorable and kicks off all the complexity of other launchers / UIs.
Google has recently pushed in the Google Experience Launcher dubbed as Google Now Launcher in the Play Store and is available for free download. But what keeps it untasteful is, the launcher is available for only on Nexus and GPe devices running Android 4.4 KitKat that means if you own a non Nexus or GPe device you probably won’t be able to get it from the Google Play store.
To overcome this very colorless option, XDA developer community has come up with a modified version of Google Now Launcher that is ready to work on all other devices with no hiccups here and there. Head towards the download links below and get it running on your Android devices.
For Nexus & GPe devices: Download from Play Store
For All Other Android Devices: Download APK
How to Install APK:
- Download and copy the APK to your phone’s SD card.
- Locate the APK on your phone.
- Tap it to start installation.
- Allow Unknown Sources if asked.
- Select Package Installer if asked.
- Complete the installation and open it from the App Drawer.
- The Launcher will run and change the UI of your phone.
- That’s all. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017
- How to install Google Play Store on Chinese OnePlus phones - February 25, 2017
- Download Deadtale Online for Undertale for PC - February 22, 2017