Running Android apps on a PC is much more easy with the modified version of ARC, named as ARChon. ARChon is a pretty much cool way to take the Android experience on a computer using Google Chrome Browser and there’s a number of compatible applications already available for the ARChon but just in case you don’t find your favorite application compatible with ARChon, you might want to convert it into a Google Chrome extension and make it compatible with ARChon, you may want to read all about ARC and ARChon here. Although there’s a way to convert applications using node and Chrome APK tool, but that’s not easy, a much more easy and convenient way to convert APKs into Chrome Extensions is available, and that’s possible using Chrome APK Packager.
Chrome APK Packager is a very nice application developed by XDA senior member Bpear96. The application runs on your Android device and lists all the applications installed in it. You can simply select the application you want to run on your Chrome Browser and convert into a chrome extension. The converted applications appear in zipped form in the ChromeAPK folder in your phone’s internal storage. Earlier, the application was available at XDA forums only, but the developer has uploaded it into the Google Play Store as well now. You can simply visit the Play Store and install it right away or you can just go ahead and download the APK file and install it using the method explained below.
Download Chrome APK Packager v0.8 & Install It
- Download Chrome APK Packager v0.8 APK.
- Download the APK file to your phone or copy it to your phone.
- Allow unknown sources from Settings > Security if required on your phone.
- Locate the APK file on your phone now and tap it to begin installation.
- Select “Package Installer” if prompted.
- Proceed and complete the installation.
- Once done, access Chrome APK Packager from the App drawer.
- Select the applications you want to convert into Chrome extensions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and find the zipped file in ChromeAPK folder in your phone’s storage.
- Now learn How To Run Any Android App On PC In Chrome Browser.
Here’s the app description by the developer
Chrome APK Packager is a convenient way to produce Chrome ARChon Custom Runtime packages directly from your phone.You can generate chrome packages from either APKs on your phones storage, or from apps installed on your phone (It will pull APK)
Open the App, select an APK or App from list. App Name and package name are both pulled from the APK and put into the manifest.json file. Everything is then zipped together in a ChromeAPK folder on your phones storage.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017