Android O’s developer preview is out. Android O happens to be the next big update for Android. It will overtake Android Nougat. The developer preview rolled out for Google’s Pixel ad Nexus smartphones. The firmware doesn’t carry all of the features that Android O is expected to have. Developer preview is basically rolled out just to give a glimpse of the new version to the users and also to checkout what bugs and issues are lying around. Google will keep releasing developer previews, one after another, until it releases the final Android O build.
It’s just been a while since Android O was announced and the developer preview landed in, goodies from Android O have already started surfacing around the web. We saw Android O’s stock wallpaper coming out. With the days passing on, we will witness many other components leaking out of Android O and we will be able to grab them on our Android smartphones. That is what’s the greatest thing about Android OS. Applications, elements and other components of a device get ported within no time and all users can enjoy those.
From the Android O, the latest Google Pixel Launcher released as well. Some of you know this as Google Home, which Google renamed as Pixel Launcher later on. If you have already used this Launcher, you won’t be able to find much difference in the new build. The new Launcher allows users to swipe anywhere on the screen to bring up the application drawer whilst this was only possible by swiping from the bottom.
The Launcher is available in the standalone APK form. Users can grab the APK and install it just as they install normal APKs. If you wish to integrate Google Now into the new Android O Launcher, you will have to install the Android O Launcher as a system application. Download Android O Launcher APK now and also go through the instructions to successfully install it.
Note: The Launcher works only on Android Marshmallow and Android Nougat powered phones.
Download Android O Launcher APK
- Download the Launcher of Android O: Launcher APK
- Copy the APK file to your phone.
- On your phone, go to settings > security > allow unknown sources.
- Get back to the file manager, locate the Launcher APK and install it.
- Press the home key so that it asks you what launcher you want to choose to get back to the system.
- Select Pixel Launcher and you are done.
- You can clear defaults for this application by going in to settings > applications/app manager > Google Now or Google Pixel Launcher > Set as Default > Set it or remove it from default according to your liking.
- That’s all.
Install Android O Launcher as system app to integrate Google Now
- Download and install Link2SD on your Android smartphone.
- Open the application on your phone and grant it SuperSU permissions.
- Use the search option and find out the Pixel Launcher in your phone.
- Long tap the Pixel Launcher application to bring up its related options.
- From the drop down menu coming up next, tap “Convert to system app”.
- Once the process ends, it will reboot your device or else reboot your device manually.
- That’s all. You will have Google Now integrated now.
To learn everything about the new Android O, checkout: What’s new with Android O?
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017