Oneplus 3 owners, good news for all of you is out. You can now update your OnePlus 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat through an unofficial of build of CyanogenMod 14. Wondering what’s good in this so-early build of the CyanogenMod? Well, you will find most of your device’s mainstream features working flawlessly. Although the new CM 14 ROM for the OnePlus 3 is in testing stage, but it still has got features like Mobile Data, Calls, SMS Messages, Audio, GPS, Bluetooth and many others. Camera isn’t working right now, but we hope to get an update soon and get the Camera working as well. You can flash this ROM easily through a TWRP recovery for the sake of getting your hands on Android 7.0 Nougat way before OnePlus releases an official Nougat firmware.
OnePlus 3 outed in June, 2016. The device carried a 5.5-inch QHD display. OnePlus powered it up with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 CPU accompanied by Adreno 530 GPU. A RAM of 6 GB was found inside and the internal storage of this phone was 64 GB. OnePlus 3 also supports a microSD card. A 3000 mAh battery is packed inside. OnePlus was running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. OnePlus has its own Oxygen OS themed Android for all of its devices. OnePlus 3 was under RAM issues for quite a while, but the company fixed issues later on by means of software updates.
So, that was all about the ROM and all about the device. It’s time for us to get back to what we are here for. In this post, we are going to flash and install the CM 14 custom ROM on the OnePlus 3 and update it to Android 7.0 Nougat. Flashing the ROM is an easy process, just make sure that you go through all the instructions carefully. Since its a custom ROM, and is in early stages, expect a few things to crash and being an Android user, you should be ready to face any circumstances that may occur afterwards.
- This guide is intended for OnePlus 3 [all variants]. Do not try this on any other phone or else you may result in bricking it.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during ROM installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs and sms messages. Also copy your media content to your computer.
- Unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 3, install TWRP custom recovery and root it as well. Here’s the guide to do so.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your phone using a custom recovery.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. These procedures of flashing custom ROMs are not recommended by OEMs. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or the device manufacturer may not be held responsible.
Download and install OnePlus 3 Android 7.0 Nougat CyanogenMod 14
- Make sure that your phone has a TWRP recovery with bootloader unlocked at this point.
- Download latest cm-14.0-20160916-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus3.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal storage.
- Download ARM 64 Gapps.zip file according to your choice. Copy this file to your phone’s internal storage as well.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery. To boot into TWRP recovery, first turn off your phone completely. Now press and hold Volume Down + Power Key to turn on your OnePlus 3. As soon as your phone’s screen turns on, leave the Power Key and keep the Volume Down Key pressed. Your device will now boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you’re in TWRP recovery, tap “Install > Locate the ROM.zip file > flash it”.
- After flashing the ROM, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and once again tap “Install > Locate and select the Gapps.zip file > flash it”.
- Now from the main menu in TWRP recovery, tap “Reboot > System”.
- Your phone will now reboot into CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM.
That’s all. I hope that this method worked right for you. In case you’ve got any issues while flashing the ROM, reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Top 5 Android Lockscreen Apps 2016-2017 - October 26, 2016
- Download Smile Inc for PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac) - October 24, 2016
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016