If you happen to be running CyanogenMod 12, then you might find that there aren’t some applications like G-Mail, Google Tasks, Hangouts, or even the Play Store itself. This is because the package of the ROM that you installed has no GApps or Google Apps installed in it, thus making it a light ROM to download. But the Google Play Store is a essential on an Android device. Without the Google Play Store, you wouldn’t be able to get automatic updates to your apps, and you won’t be able to download applications directly. In this guise, you are going to learn how to flash the CM 12 GApps on your CyanogenMod 12 running Android device.
- Make sure your Android device is rooted and is running CyanogenMod 12.
- Also make sure that you have a custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP.
- You need the CyanogenMod 12 GApps for your device. Download it by clicking here.
How To Install CM 12 GApps On CyanogenMod 12
- Download the ZIP file from the above link on your PC.
- Now, connect your PC with the USB Data Cable, and transfer the ZIP file onto your device’s onboard memory.
- Unplug your Android device, and completely switch it off.
- Now reboot into your recovery mode.
- Tap on ‘Install’.
- Find and select the ZIP file that you just transferred on your device.
- Tap on Install.
- Wait for a while.
- Now, clear and factory reset your device’s memory.
- Now, reboot your Android device.
Voila! You’ve now successfully installed the CM 12 GApps on your CyanogenMod 12 Android device! If you have any queries, refer to us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- How To Bypass FRP on Samsung Devices – Bypass FRP APK - April 22, 2017
- Sideload Snapchat++ On iOS Without Jailbreak - April 21, 2017
- Install iFile On iOS 10 Without Jailbreak – Download iFile IPA - April 21, 2017