Sometimes there are reasons when people want to downgrade their Device software, generally because of Lag or if they update it to beta version then because of everything and other than that, They just don’t like it. It doesn’t matter, until you are interested in downgrading your Samsung’s device software, you are at the right spot.
If you owns any device rather than Samsung’s then you shouldn’t be going below, because this tutorial is only for Samsung devices, and i am talking about Official Firmware not Custom ROMs. For this process, you only need a Samsung device, a PC, an original data cable and a Firmware file, just search Google to find your desire one.
But before we begin the Tutorial, make sure that:
- Your Phone battery level is at 85% .
- You are using the original USB cable.
- Back up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Downgrade Any Samsung Device Firmware.
- Download Odin from HERE and unzip it.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers
- Download the desire firmware and unzip it anywhere on your PC, make sure to remember the path.
- Put your phone in download mode, in order to do so turn off your phone by pulling out the battery or by long pressing the power button and wait for 30 seconds. Turn on your phone now by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Keysimultaneously.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the original data cable. As soon as the Odin detects it, the ID:COM box should turn blue or yellow depending upon your Odin version. Make sure that only those option are ticked that are shown in Picture above.
- Select PDA and select the extracted firmware file , it should be in .tar.md5 format.
- Hit Start and the firmware installation process will begin.
- Wait for the process to end and disconnect the cable, the first run might take some time so please be patient.
- If by any chance your phone stucks on the boot loop, try the whole process again and make sure that this time the F.Reset option is unticked. When your device will restart, don’t wait and pull out the battery.
- Re-insert the battery and go into recovery mode by pressing the Power + Home + Volume Up button simultaneously.
- Once in recovery, select Wipe Cache Partition and then Select Wip Data/Factory Reset and finally reboot System now.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Vidmate for Laptop – Download Vidmate for PC Windows/Mac - April 29, 2017
- BeautyPlus for PC Laptop / Windows / Mac Download - April 29, 2017
- iPhone : How to change Font - April 29, 2017