In this post, I’ll tell you how to fix ”DNS Server is Not Responding” Error, this error occurs while you are browsing the internet. You’ll see a blank page saying ” DNS Server is Not Responding “. No the main reason of this error is that when the DNS server that translates a domain name doesn’t respond. No need to worry about that, all you have to do is follow the steps given below and you’ll be able to fix it.
How To Fix ”DNS Server is Not Responding” Error:
Now before going any further, you can perform few tricks in order to narrow down the problem. Fist try another browser to check if it’s browser related problem, you can also connect a smartphone or tablet and try opening the same website. If you have two internet connections then use the other one to troubleshoot the DNS server is not responding error. In the end, you can try clearing your browser cache and load the domain again. If still there is no luck try the methods below.
Method 1: Change The DNS Server Addresses:
- Click on the Network icon located at the bottom right corner of your screen. Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now click on Local Area Connection, right click the icon and select Properties.
- Here you’ll see different options in a list view, Click and Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then hit Properties again.
- A new Windows will open, Click on Use the following DNS server Addresses.
- Now you have to add custom DNS servers, in Preferred DNS Server ( 188.8.131.52 ), Alternate DNS Server ( 184.108.40.206 ). Before you move on and save settings you need to check Validate Settings Upon Exit box. Click on Ok.
Open your browser and try loading the domain you are getting the error if this time its working you don’t need to go further. But if the result is same like before, move onto next method.
Method 2: Flush The DNS of Your Computer:
Click the start button, type CMD, and press enter.
A command prompt window will open. Now the following command in the same order as they are written.
netsh winsock reset
Method 3: Power Cycle Your Router and Computer:
This method is pretty effective, you have to turn off your router and also unplug it from your computer. Wait for at least 4-5 mins and then turn on your router and plug it back to your computer. Don’t do anything first, let the router boot-up properly and make sure your connection is live.
These are the main method that will work for you, but by chance, if they don’t then follow the methods below in order to fix DNS Server is Not Responding error.
Disable Your Firewall: Many users have reported that after disabling their firewall, DNS Server is Not Responding error stop poping up.
Disable any Extra Connection: Start > Control Panel> Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings.
This is all for now, I am sure these methods will work for you. I will be updating this post as soon as I get more methods. Till then enjoy these troubleshooting tips to fix DNS Server is Not Responding error.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Puffin Browser for PC Download – Windows/Mac - October 27, 2016
- Best Friends Forever for PC – Download - October 27, 2016
- Fix Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Not Turning On After Overnight Charging - October 27, 2016