Another variant of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is SM-T211. This device is same as that of SM-T210 and T210R, the only difference is 3G connectivity, that means you can insert a SIM card in Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211. Other specs of this device include a 7.0 inches display as mentioned, 1.2 GHz dual core CPU, 3.15 MP camera at the back and 1.3 MP on the front. 8 GB internal storage is there to store your files, you can also expand storage using a microSD card. A massive 4000 mAh battery is placed under the hood. In case you don’t know, Galaxy Tab 3 is Samsung’s 3rd generation Tablet series, a successor to Galaxy Tab 2.
Let’s get back to the topic. Do you own a Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211? and looking for a way to root your device and install a custom recovery as well? Well, if so, then you have found the right place, and are on the right spot at the moment. In the following post we are going to have a look on a method that will help you to install a custom recovery that is CWM [ClockworkMod] in our case and also let you root your device easily. All you got to do, is to move a little forward with us.
I’m assuming that some of you might be the first timers, and not familiar with what is rooting and what is custom recovery and why you should get both the things on your device, so, to make the things more clear, let’s go through a brief description of root and custom recovery.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are some pre-requisites and some pre-cautions that you must follow before you head towards the installation guide:
- This guide is only for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only on OEM data cable to connect your Galaxy Tab to your PC.
- Turn off your Anti-virus, Firewall and other security programs to avoid connection interruption.
- Use a stable connection/device. Your laptop must have enough battery charged to perform this method, in case you’re using a desktop PC make sure that you’re not on a risk of power loss during the flashing process.
- Follow this guide carefully. Do not go ahead if you don’t know what you’re going to do.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Files you need to download / install:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Install Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download the CWM 6 for your Galaxy Tab SM-T211
- Download & Extract T211.CWM.v220.127.116.11.recovery.tar.zip
How to Install CWM 6 on Samsung Galaxy Tab:
- Download the file for your variant carefully.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue.
- In case the download mode method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods from this guide.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now, that means your phone is connected properly in download mode.
- Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the downloaded Recovery.tar.zip file and let it load. Your Odin should look exactly as shown below, make sure that no extra options are selected.
- Hit start now and sit back, it will take a few seconds to flash the recovery and your device will reboot.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key to access the CWM Recovery that you just installed.
- You can backup your current ROM and do a lot of other things using the options in CWM Recovery..
- That’s All.
How to Root:
- You must have installed CWM Recovery using the guide above.
- Download android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip file and copy it to the internal storage of your device.
- Boot into CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery now. To do so, turn off your device completely. Now turn it while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. In case this method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods explained in this guide.
- In CWM select “Install Zip>Chooe Zip from SD Card > Android-armeabi-universal-root.zip > Yes”.
- Wait for the flashing to complete.
- Reboot your Galaxy Tab.
- Find SuperSu in App Drawer.
- Phewwwww! You’re rooted now.
That’s All! We hope that you found this guide of much help. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t hesitate to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016