Not all Android devices are bound by restrictions, heck most of them are totally in the hands of the users, both literally, and when we talk of customizability. Android is a highly versatile OS, which gives the user total rights to customize their devices totally. One such feature is the home button shortcut.
Many users might not know that holding your device’s physical home button will trigger a special function, such as launching Google Now. What if you knew that you could totally change what this action does? Say, the basic function to this outcome is the launch of Google Now, and you wanted the Play Store to launch instead? With an application called Home2 Shortcut, let’s see how.
Learn how to customize home button shortcuts on Android devices, please follow all the instructions.
How To Customize Home Button Shortcuts on Android:
1. Head over to the Google Play Store, and download an application called Home2 Shortcut.
2. Launch the applications, and provide it permissions if asked.
3. Keep in mind that using this application to configure your home button shortcut requires a 4-step process.
4. First of all, tap ‘Choose Application’, and then tap on the application which you desire, for example the Google Play Store.
5. Next up is a nifty little feature. Here you can select the duration of your press, so that you accidentally don’t trigger the shortcut every often.
6. Now, it’ll ask you for your current launcher, select one from the list which is your default one.
7. At the end, when you press your home button, it’ll ask for which launcher to use, and tap on the one which says Home2 Shortcut.
8. From now on, you can trigger the double-press thing to open the Google Play Store.
If you think our guide was of any use, then stay tuned at our space for more information such as this.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Download WhatsApp Messenger 2.16.318 APK [ Video Calling ] - October 25, 2016
- Download Cute Girly Wallpapers HD free – Desktop/Android/iOS - October 25, 2016
- Download Google Pixel and Pixel XL HD Wallpapers - October 25, 2016