Apparently, the Chinese manufacturer, Meizu, is working on a new smartphone with the well-known curved screen. The existence of such handset has already been confirmed by none other than the CEO of Meizu – Huang Zhang. Further sources claim that the smartphone might be unveiled in the second half of this year. Note that the curved screen smartphones were first introduced by Samsung under their ‘Edge’ moniker handsets. Based on popular customer demand, many other manufacturers have recently started working to introduce similar handsets in their line-ups.
An image of the aforementioned curved screen Meizu handset just leaked from China. Reportedly, the smartphone in question might be called Meizu Pro 6 Edge or Pro 7, whereas it’ll lie somewhere near a pricetag of $450. In addition to that, it is also being said that the upcoming device will be running Flyme OS 6 based on Android which will come with some dedicated ‘edge shortcuts’ resembling the Samsung’s edge smartphones.
Unfortunately, we still have to hear on the internal specifications of the Meizu Pro 6 edge/ Pro 7. However, it goes without saying that such smartphone by Meizu will definitely have flagship worthy hardware under its hood.
Meizu Pro 6 was officially announced in April 2016 by the Chinese manufacturer which has tremendously grown since the past few years.The new flagship comes with high-end features and an amazing design. Below is a quick roundup of what the handset has to offer.
- The Meizu Pro 6 come with 3D Press which basically is Meizu’s version of 3D touch introduced by Apple in iPhone 6s.
- The flagship sports a 5.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED screen.
- Pro 6 is powered by the all new Helio X25 chipset which offers a deca-core CPU.
- 4 GB of RAM will come standard with the handset
- 21.16 megapixels with Corning ® Gorilla third-generation lens protective glass. It features ƒ / 2.2 aperture, 6 Lens, Burst Mode, Panorama mode, PDAF phase focusing, Laser Assisted Focus and Ring flash color temperature.
- 10 LED Flash embedded in a circular ring to provide better balance of light.
- Fast charging via mCharge 3.0 which delivers 24 Watts of power.
- A reversible USB Type C port for charging.
- Comes in 3 colour variants – Gold, Dark Grey and Light Grey.
- Offers two different ROM variants – 32 GB and 64 GB
- The smartphone is just 7.25mm thin.
- A 2,560 mAh battery provides the juice to the Pro 6
Latest posts by Muneeb Ahmed (see all)
- A look at the evolution of Samsung’s Note series from Galaxy Note 1 to Note 7 - August 21, 2016
- 5 things you need to know about Android - August 20, 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7: Complete roundup - June 28, 2016