Having a wast development platform and open source nature, Android has absolutely changed the world and gave it a new direction. Not only that, Android has paved a way for the developers and the users as well to enhance their development skills and ease their lives respectively. With the customization that Android has to offer, it has allowed the people to design their phone’s UI the way they want and put things on according to their liking. Not only that, Android’s modifications have also allowed the users to make system tweaks but that’s not a part of our concern right here as we are focused on the UI only here.
One of the basic things in an Android phone’s UI, that becomes the cream on cake is the use of Widgets. There are various in-built widgets on different smartphones inserted by their manufacturers according to the interface they are offering like Samsung’s TouchWiz, HTC’s Sense and others. Besides that, different apps also come with in-built widgets that allow the users to get everything on the go without having opened the whole app. If we specifically talk about the widgets to just make our phone’s homescreen look nicer, there are a few widgets that allow this but having limited options to select from. What we’ve found for you today is a Widget app named as Zooper that allows you to create your own awesome widgets and make your Android’s homescreen look sexy.
Zooper allows you to create your own custom widgets using the graphics, effects, variables and templates that it has by default. You can simply use all that data and give it a look the way you want. Zooper comes packed up with a number of sample templates that you may use on your phone or you may simply get an idea from and build your own accordingly. The key features include ability to create completely custom widgets, custom fonts, full math expressions, date calculations, battery info, system info, etc. Clock styles in Zooper are awesome, weather widgets also make the screen look neat and there’s an option to set the opacity of widgets as well. Zooper also offers a wide list of widget sizes that you can use to build your desired template. What keeps Zooper at the top of list is it’s minimal nature and extremely low battery consumption. This may be kept in mind when you use widgets that for high battery backup you always need to use lite widgets that doesn’t bother your phone’s CPU and that’s where Zooper becomes handy. There’s a pro version of Zooper available as well that allows you to save the widgets in your phone’s memory for use at a later time or transfer to another Android device and a few other features.
Let’s have a look at the features of Zooper’s free version:
Sample templates included, no need to download anything else
– Some custom fonts already included, additional can be added on sdcard/fonts
– Create your templates easily, no functional limit, tons of variables and controls
– WYSIWYG editor with layers like Photoshop / Gimp
– Build your style and change everything: color, text, shapes, position and more!
– Completely customizable date and time (day of the year, week number, number to text…)
– Date calculations (countdown, time to or from any date, calendar event or system attribute)
– Full Math expressions supported (like Star Trek stardate)
– Battery info (remaining time, percentage, temperature, voltage)
– World clock (multiple timezones on the same widget)
– Weather for current or multiple locations on the same widget
– Up to 5 days forecast from multiple providers (Open Weather Map, YR.NO)
– Calendar info with free customization
– System info, like uptime, next alarm, SD card space
– WiFi network name, cell operator, signal strength, connection type
– Network traffic data stats for current day, week, month and more
– Missed calls, unread SMS, unread GMail (multiple accounts and labels)
– Sunrise, Sunset and Astrological Nautical or Civil twilight
– Moon Rise, Set and Illumination percentage
– Series for days, months and more!
– Completely dynamic and customizable TTF and PNG iconsets
– Static Bitmaps (PNG with alpha and JPG)
– Progress Bars customizable with any numeric variable such as min/max and value
– Tasker integration (see website)
– Jelly Bean lock screen support
Here are some samples from Zooper:
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Price and Release Date - March 29, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Official Images - March 29, 2017
- Clash of Titans: Galaxy S8 vs Galaxy S8 Plus vs LG G6 vs XZ Premium vs P10 Plus - March 29, 2017