TWRP is our favorite custom recovery among the lot mainly due its intuitive interface and clean design. It’s one of the most used and highly preferable custom recovery which has a simple touch interface with a lot of advanced options to backup/restore, installing modules on your device. Last month, the TeamWin Recovery Project has officially released a major version TWRP 3.0.0 which bought a lot of new features to the TWRP environment. If you have missed our previous article on how to install TWRP 3.0.0 on your device, we’ve linked it below for you.
The new TWRP has a cool material like design (Mind you! It’s not exactly Material Design) which is flat and cool than the traditional TWRP we’ve seen so far. One of the best features of TWRP is it’s themable and many designers and developers have made some wonderful themes for TWRP. The UI and theme of TWRP 3.0.0 are quite awesome but you can get a bit more with the colorful themes designed by XDA senior member fichl. These TWRP 3.0.0 Dark themes come with a colorful adaption of borders and other themable areas.
The themes adapt to devices with any resolution, so you don’t need to worry about choosing the perfect theme for your device. All you need to do is to grab the theme package of your choice from here and install it using the below guide.
How to Install TWRP Themes
- Download the theme of your choice from here. Choose either Landscape or portrait and then choose the color of your choice.
- Open the folder where the package has been downloaded.
- Now, right-click on the package, and select Rename.
- Rename it to “ui.zip” (.zip is the extension of the file).
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable in either Mass Storage or MTP mode.
- Open the root of device’s storage and navigate to the “TWRP” folder (If you have TWRP installed on your device, it will be created automatically).
- Create a new folder named “theme” (lower case) within the TWRP folder and open it.
- Paste the ui.zip file in this folder. So, it will be /storage/TWRP/theme/ui.zip
- Now simply reboot the device into recovery mode to check out the new theme.
Now, your latest TWRP 3.0.0 is themed with a colorful dark theme. Let us know how it’s to your taste.
Latest posts by Naveen Robsworth (see all)
- How To Flash Nexus Factory Images Manually - March 14, 2016
- Tips to take Better Photos with your Smartphone - March 10, 2016
- Here are Some New Features on WhatsApp you Must Know - March 6, 2016