Ever wanted to get Facebook Messenger-like chat heads on WhatsApp? Well, if you’ve been wanting to do so, now you can. It’s pretty easy to enable Chat Heads on WhatsApp. This is possible through a third-party application that intelligently pops-up a chat head of any message that hits your WhatsApp. This actually works pretty well. After giving this a try for a day, we are here with a method on how to get / enable Chat Heads on WhatsApp using Dashdow application.
What are Chat Heads?
Chat Heads were introduced on Facebook Messenger back in 2013. Chat Heads brought a new way of quickly interacting with the messages, reading them and replying them on the go. Whenever someone texts you on a the Messenger, the Chat Head pops up and upon taping the Chat Head, it opens the conversation in a kind of a pop-up window. There ain’t a doubt that Chat Heads are a convenient way to reply your buddies even when you’re doing something else on your Android smartphone, you do not have to open the whole messenger to reply, but you can reply simply through the Chat Head pop-up.
Chat Heads for WhatsApp
Using Dashdow application, you can grab this feature on WhatsApp. Dash Dow leaves a Chat Head on your screen whenever a text hits your WhatsApp. Upon tapping the Chat Head, it shows you the message and upon tapping the message, it takes you to that conversation in WhatsApp Messenger. Dashdow doesn’t open WhatsApp in a pop-up window, but we still consider it a great effort keeping in view the conveniency it provides by showing a single or multiple messages inside the Chat Head dancing on your screen. It doesn’t show multiple chat bubbles like the messenger application, but it shows all the messages under one head instead. Let’s have a look on how to enable this application in order to get our task done here.
How to get Chat Heads on WhatsApp
- Make sure that you’ve installed WhatsApp messenger on your Android smartphone.
- Download and install Dashdow on your Android phone. The application works with Android 4.0 and higher.
- Give notification access to Dashdow as it prompts you to allow access.
- Now let someone text you and the Chat Head or message ball will appear on the screen.
- Tap the Chat Head to read the message and tap the message to open it in WhatsApp.
- Drag the Chat Head to the trash box located in the center of the screen to remove it.
- That’s all.
- Just in case you do not want to use Dashdow to get Chat Heads on WhatsApp, you can simply uninstall this application.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017