Canonical – the company behind Ubuntu Operating System has announced it’s first smartphone device, Ubuntu Edge. Ubuntu edge will be an extremely high end device having a dual boot system. The users can boot into the Android OS or into the Ubuntu OS. The device has been announced today and the specifications are really surprising. With the release of the Ubuntu Edge, Canonical believes in taking the world to a new era of technology & smartphones. The Ubuntu Edge meets all the requirements, a computer user can expect.
Let’s have a look at the upcoming beast.
The Ubuntu Edge can be attached to a Monitor using the HDMI port turning into a complete desktop pc, and can also be connected with a keyboard. The phone got a nice look as well.
Let us have a look at the expected specs of the Ubuntu Edge
- Dual-Boot Device. Boot either into Android or into Ubuntu OS.
- Connect to HDMI TV’s & Monitors MHL connector.
- Best available CPU expected i.e Quad Core and atleast 4 Gb RAM with 128 GB of storage memory.
- 4.5” Screen, 1280 x 720 Resolution with scratch resistive glass made of Sapphire crystal (the 2nd hardest natural substance after diamond)
- 8mp rear, 2mp front. Camera made for low light, fast response and close up pictures.
- Stereo Speakers, 3.5mm Audio jack.
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, dual band 802.11N Wi-Fi & dual LTE
Ubuntu Edge is announced as an Indiegogo Campaign, and Canonical is looking for a whopping $32million mark raising the funds.