VLC is no doubt the best and most accomplished video player of all times, since it supports all types of video formats, one doesn’t have to worry about downloading codecs again and again and the best part is that it is completely free and open source. As usual, the first job of any developer is to make sure that the app is as simple as possible for all the users to use, but also he has to make sure that it is more than enough for a tech sevy too and that is the case with VLC, in first look everything looks so simple, but when it comes to support and under the hood changes, it is one of the best thing available.
However, there are a little things you need to do manually, in past there were some extension, namely one VLSub, that allows users to download the Movie subs without doing much effort, now that same thing has been ported in VLC as default, while on the other hand, Resuming playback was also done by installing some extensions, now everything has been ported in VLC as default and all you need is to enable it, thinking how to do it, well I haven’t write the whole story just to waste your time, without further ado, let us continue.
How to Download Subtitles in VLC:
- Open VLC.
- Click “View” in the option above.
- Click the VLsub 0.9.10.
- You’ll see a pop-up.
- Type the Name in Search bar, or while playing any video, use “Search by Hash”
- Once the Search is over, Download the Subs from the options available.
How to Resume Play-back in VLC:
- This resuming option was once done by extensions.
- Now with the release of VLC 2.2.0, it has been added in it by default.
- Now if you play the movie you have been watching before, you’ll see a small option on top to let you resume.
- Now all you need is to click the Continue and the movie will start playing from the previous line.
Latest posts by Ali Raza (see all)
- Summoners War for PC Windows 7/8 or Mac - February 23, 2017
- How To Take Screen Shot on Samsung Galaxy S4 [ Guide ] - February 23, 2017
- Criminal Case Pacific Bay for PC – Windows & Mac - February 18, 2017