Google Upcoming OS, Android L developer Preview was released for some of the Nexus flagship devices like Nexus 7, Nexus 5 and Nexus 4. Anticipations were that the next release will be either for Galaxy S4 GPe, or any other GPe edition device, but no one ever thought that it will be released for HTC One M7, however unlike as ported to the Nexus devices, we can say that the Alpha version was released for the Official devices. Since this works like a Custom ROM, it is like Pre-Alpha version for HTC One M7. This is an unofficial release for HTC One M7 and the developers mentioned that following things mentioned are not working WiFi, Bluetooth, Data, Sensors (except GPS), Camera, Sound. However, the release of this ROM for others was to fix things in it, it will be a matter of time, before this ROM will be stable and start working like a Charm.
If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your HTC One M7 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from HTC but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android L Developer Preview On HTC One M7. But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC One M7
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: How To Unlock Bootloader of HTC Devices
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom which may result in bricking of your device, and it has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android L Developer Preview: Link
- Take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select recovery.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android L.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
If You Are Stuck In Bootloop:
Aroma Installer doesn’t require the separate installation of boot.img in most cases and developers have not mentioned to Flash the boot,img separately. However, if you get stuck in Bootloop, here is the way to get out.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the ROM File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
Voila! that’s it, your HTC One M7 is now upgraded to Android L Developer Preview, to check Go to settings> About > Software Version.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016